Auto discussion

SAW

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Yep, I understood that Indy. 👌 Touch-wood, never want to test the legislation, but my reading NSW, is 50 plants, and indoors influences it too (enhanced cultivation). I think Cog’s DVD, alerted me to No.s count.
It’s a small step from one female to serious commercial supply if you’re good and brave enough.
I find germinating and drying the two stressful stages. 🤞

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Mr plod tried to suggest I was growing" enhanced" I rejected ! No water pump ,no water tank,no AC,no CO2 . They gave that idea away pretty quick.😁

vostok

Blooming
User ID
We seem to skirt around the topic of Autos but I thought I’d throw it out there.
I’m slowly, maybe more rapidly starting to like them as a portion of one’s grow/garden.
I’ve had a few, and thought about them a bit. Initially they were freebies with purchases, then selected freebies to now considered purchases.
From an indoors perspective I’d imagine you can grow them with vegging photos, no? This would give a degree of flexibility, and better use scarce resources (space, tents and lights)? If I ever set up inside, it would mainly be for a mother or cuttings, so an auto would fit in?
Outdoors, I tend to think if you can nail a perfect transplant (if required) and give them a good sized pot with excellent growing medium, they’ll develop to their maximum potential. A perfect transplant to me is before root bound starts whilst still in excellent vigour, and excellent vigour resumes within 3-5 days after transplant.
One’s I’ve done in the past, have not got that get up and go, resulting in a small low yield female. This year I grew two 100g females in ~90 days, that finished in December. This appeals to me as you can plant in warm spring, and finish flowers in very hot spring, early December, which on the sub tropical east coast means usually dodging the incoming rain and humidity.
Anyway, I’ve probably got more thoughts, but see what everyone thinks.
I converted to autos about a year back and am reluctant to grow out photos, they do best outdoors for me, with much lifting and adjusting in a min of 20 liters pots,
with autos I get more per year of quality weed without the need for yet another month of flower, done and dusted in 60 days is me ...the seed to get is 'Super Auto Flowers, a better combination of genetics that allows an autoflower too get as much bud as the standard photo ...well almost!!!! ..lol

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
I tried out autos last year when I got a few freebies while in Amsterdam. I grew 'em inside - a Dutch Passion Orange Bud and a FastBuds Strawberry Banana. I was more keen on the DP Orange Bud, and to begin with it was fast out the gate - but turned into a bit of a runt by the end. I wasn't happy with bud development on it at all. It almost wasn't worth running all the way through flower.

Compared to the FB Strawberry Banana - woah, ok so she was the runt to begin with and then it took off as it began to flower. It turned into a monster plant - bigger than I expected and hadn't planned for. It probably could have filled out a 4x4 if I was organised - it packed out the 2x4.

Long story short - the DP OB was trash, the FB SB was quite a decent smoke, very heady and calm. I don't think I'd bother with them inside again. I find the control of indoors with photos makes the most sense for me. However, running them outside? Hell yeah!

I sent my bro a pack of Amsterdam Genetics AK-020 autos to try and his one outside is doing really well. Perfect size in a pot and good bud development on it so far (planted first week of Nov). I'll organise him some more auto seed next season as I reckon it suits him perfect

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Hate to drop in like this and spoil the party but

F
U
K

The Autos , filthy fukn things , I put 3 Skittlez in and be fucked the 3 totally stalled 😭😭😭😭😭cupla days apart each fiik.

That's not the worst of it , I haven't told @RidingOnwards yet , that I fucked his seeds so he will be chuffed 😕 no more comp seeds for ozi 🤡

Arrivederci

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
Ok so I'm not brad pitt 😆

I actually do still have a soft spot for the ol orto 😎

Don't impress me much 😏

Smoking some SKS buds
Koooooda

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
Yeah…. I’m going full dark side Obie
Autos all the way.
As long as you don’t stunt them, they will reach expectable size..( never as big as photos CAN get, if left in veg but for average tents who cares)

Being able to walk in and switch light on regardless if sleeping is the biggest win for me.

Also being able to flower on 18-20 hrs gets the Daily Light Intake way up.
So autos are a fuck yeah for me…

And…. They are usually quick…!!

So……. Fuck waiting around for lights to come on

P.S. I grew some of those Skittle autos from that kindly member here and they were big and fucking delicous…!! Thx fella ;)

Gimme one of those red lightsabers…. I’m outta here…!!

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
Hate to drop in like this and spoil the party but

F
U
K

The Autos , filthy fukn things , I put 3 Skittlez in and be fucked the 3 totally stalled 😭😭😭😭😭cupla days apart each fiik.

That's not the worst of it , I haven't told @RidingOnwards yet , that I fucked his seeds so he will be chuffed 😕 no more comp seeds for ozi 🤡

Arrivederci
lol
No biggie mate
I got an outdoor one going, (zkittlez ) planted it as a seed and it sprouted and I’ve totally left it to do its own thing , haven’t fed it or even watered it, just left to nature and it’s doing pretty good, not very tall but some nice buds. Only water it’s had is when it’s rained.

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
lol
No biggie mate
I got an outdoor one going, (zkittlez ) planted it as a seed and it sprouted and I’ve totally left it to do its own thing , haven’t fed it or even watered it, just left to nature and it’s doing pretty good, not very tall but some nice buds. Only water it’s had is when it’s rained.
Yeah thats it fella... the autos either work great or not at all...

That Zkittlez auto is the bomb tho..!!

Gorgeously pungent sweet in the bag.

Lots of juicey vape even at low temps..

Pretty strong as far as Im concerned..

Super hairy in the grow room..

Decent size plant but the yeild takes a little hit from the hairiness shinking down so much...

Overall... total winner..
I will do a seed run of it soon to keep it in the community..👍

SAW

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
On ya Kneeko, we’ll be able to document good auto strains here for others with an Auto interest.

OZIOZIAUTO

Baked
User ID
No worries, I got 2 lots of your Skittles from comps so the rest will be done in the correct indoor manor as opposed to outdoors.

I thought maybe your beans may have suited more in than out

Al goods

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
Yeah thats it fella... the autos either work great or not at all...

That Zkittlez auto is the bomb tho..!!

Gorgeously pungent sweet in the bag.

Lots of juicey vape even at low temps..

Pretty strong as far as Im concerned..

Super hairy in the grow room..

Decent size plant but the yeild takes a little hit from the hairiness shinking down so much...

Overall... total winner..
I will do a seed run of it soon to keep it in the community..👍
I’ve grown a few now from my own bred seeds, 18/6 from beginning and have had some huge fat main colas, I’m talking like a can of coke.
Glad to hear others getting a win.
I’d probably recommend to anyone breeding these to keep it to a branch or two
Cos otherwise the amount you get is insane
Took me n mrs about 3 weeks to trim n grade etc …
I was told… lol
Don’t do that many again😂

Top Bottom