Australian Medical Cannabis Reviews

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Anyone know about the cbd availability at this time.
Looks like it's still not available at chemists without a script.
Lieing gruberment!
Or anyone know of cbd seeds availability domestically. ✌

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID

Hey oldfark, here's a bit of a write up I found, but it seems you've still gotta go through all of the govt bullshit to obtain it.

Is CBD Oil Legal in Australia?

CBD oil has been legal in Australia since 2016, however, currently the only available CBD products are classified as Schedule 4 drugs. This means they can only be legally obtained via a doctor’s prescription filled at a pharmacy.

The TGA announced a down scheduling to Schedule 3 for low dose Isolate only CBD products. However, Schedule 3 CBD products would need to first be listed on the ARTG and due to the stringent requirements there are still no products available for purchase in this category.

This means patients seeking access to CBD will still need to obtain a doctor’s prescription and follow the Schedule 4 pathway.

CBD products are not registered on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods. Therefore, doctors need to apply to the TGA via the Special Access Scheme (SAS) to obtain approval for each patient. Approval usually lasts for 12 months.

EDIT: I just found this too https://www.auscannabisclinics.com.au/buying-cbd-oil-over-the-counter-in-australia-update/

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
You've got no argument from me Oldfark.
I think it's the big pharmas isolating individual cannabinoids, then selling them as individual medications.
If you want the entourage effect, you need to purchase multiple medications, more $$$ for govt and the pharmas

Top Bottom