are these bugs OK?

mumma420

Germinating
User ID
Hi. I put two beans in pots and they are on the back porch under shade cloth. They get sun most of the day except early mornings. They looked really good for awhile and now they are looking a little sad, or should I say eaten. Thinking it was mites or thrips then found this little fellow in amongst the leaves. Is it friend or foe? What is it and how do I keep them off if they are eating it.
Can I bring them inside and put under lights? If so how do I do that? I a tent and light on its way.

Attachments

• bug on  pl2.jpg
    bug on pl2.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 28
  • eaten leaf.jpg
    eaten leaf.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 27
  • more spots.jpg
    more spots.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 23
  • palnt.jpg
    palnt.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 23
  • spots.jpg
    spots.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 28

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

mumma420

Germinating
User ID
Wow you’ve done well so far.
Not sure what that bug is. I first thought it was a cicada 😆
Thank you. They are just on 8 weeks or there about. I just looked up cicada, I thought they were big green things the size of grasshoppers but some are tiny like this one. It is just a bit bigger than a house fly, which is what I thought it was at first. Some days I have about half a dozen on the plants.

Fred Bear

Germinating
User ID
Don't know what that bug is but when it comes to bugs/insects on my plants I have a scorched earth policy. I normally start with a product called Zero Tolerance. It's a herbal product that comes in an aerosol can. If that doesn't do the trick it's on to pyrethrum and so on. For spider mite my hydro shop sells some special stuff that's expensive but stops them dead.

mumma420

Germinating
User ID
Don't know what that bug is but when it comes to bugs/insects on my plants I have a scorched earth policy. I normally start with a product called Zero Tolerance. It's a herbal product that comes in an aerosol can. If that doesn't do the trick it's on to pyrethrum and so on. For spider mite my hydro shop sells some special stuff that's expensive but stops them dead.
I am going to get some eco oil, have had good results with that. I also have D.E, that I sprinkle around.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Top one is cicada. Leaf damage is likely to caterpillars, based on bite marks. Yellow dots on leaves could be mites. Get a loupe and look underneath the leaves. Mites lay heaps of eggs under leaves. You will also see mites moving around under leaves if there's eggs. Spray neem oil before it starts flowering.

F

freddie

Pretty sure those leaves show no mite damage which is good news. Not sure what the leaf spots are but they don't look at all like mite damage.
I know others say to spray but personally I wouldn't. If I did though, I would do it now before it goes into flower as Old Fox suggests. Plant looks healthy overall.

mumma420

Germinating
User ID
Snails and or slugs eating leaves ?
Not seen any. I do have D.E, around the stem so if the snails can get across the dry concrete step, up the material bag, and across the DE to get to the leaves I think the luck blighters deserve a bit of a chew!

Only seen the little critters in the pictures. Just got my self a jewellers loupe and going to have a close look to see if I can find out for sure.

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
Pillars mate, spots look like freshly hatched ones grazing on the surface. What's the white stuff? Looks like mildew.

Top Bottom