Already Been Vaped (ABV)

Jaz

Curing
User ID
I like to add ABV to soups and once I added it to a late night bowl of cereal.

Just like edibles, it takes time to hit and then pow!

'Normally when you make edibles with fresh cannabis, it must be decarboxcylated (heated for a little while) in order to convert THCA into the psychoactive THC which gives you a buzz. However, since ABV is cannabis that has already been heated, it will be decarboxylated and thus ready for use.

Already-Vaped-Cannabis-1-2.jpg

'The strength of your ABV will vary tremendously. It depends on several factors. Firstly, there’s the temperature you vape at (higher temperatures produce weaker ABV) as well as how evenly your device cooks your herb. Your style of inhalation may also affect the ABV strength. Slower drags extract more psychoactive material. As a general rule of thumb, the darker your ABV, the weaker it will be.

The Ultimate Guide To Already Been Vaped (ABV) Cannabis

j

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
good Idea. I been saving mine in a jar to use when I roll a big scooby with fresh clean shit to make it burn evenly.
I’ve been doing the same. Got about 2 grams plus saves up. I still don’t know exactly what to do with it. Thought about soaking it in high proof spirit.

It’s a blend too of everything so it will be a roller coaster

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Thought about soaking it in high proof spirit.

I've placed my vape glass mouthpiece in some vodka to dissolve the oily droplets that were forming on the inner walls, could feel a bit of a buzz from it too.

I can't imagine all of the thc being dissolved out but as long as you drink down the ABV with the spirits you should be good.

j

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
I’ve been doing the same. Got about 2 grams plus saves up. I still don’t know exactly what to do with it. Thought about soaking it in high proof spirit.

It’s a blend too of everything so it will be a roller coaster
Could just add it something your going to eat. I might did that tonight just to see how it goes. Probably taste like burnt crap. Might put it with vegemite on toast.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
It comes on slow, you feel it within the hour but if you've had too much you'll be asleep an hour or so after first feeling it and that can come on quick, lol.

j

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Eating it never crossed my mind. It's been decarbed in the vape so it would work!! Mine ends up pretty dark from the heat I use so probably not much left in it.
I'll eat some in the next few days and report back.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Eating it never crossed my mind. It's been decarbed in the vape so it would work!! Mine ends up pretty dark from the heat I use so probably not much left in it.
I'll eat some in the next few days and report back.
Mine gets a bit dark too. Wondering if I should just throw it in the coffee grinder?

Reactions: Jaz

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
When i'm trimming, theres usually a fair amount of oil,resin and trichomes built up on siscorrs
Normally scrape this off in balls and add 2 ABV and mix in
Seems 2 re-charge ABV and away we go again

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Seems 2 re-charge ABV and away we go again

I harvest kief for that reason.

My first tokes turn the bud pieces harder, I'll empty my vape and crush that down further so the innards are exposed to the high temps and I'll throw some kief on top.

j

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
So you used post vaped weed for edibles?

Wouldn't that mean your vapeing wrong to have left over THC on the plant material?

Reactions: Jaz

Jaz

Curing
User ID
So you used post vaped weed for edibles?

Absolutely!

Wouldn't that mean your vaping wrong to have left over THC on the plant material?

That depends on the effect you're after:

Low temps for clear-headed, functional effects
310°F to 330°F (155°C - 165°C)
Recommended for: mild euphoria, focus, productivity, subtle relaxation

Moderate Temperatures for a Balanced Buzz
330°F to 370°F (165°C - 188°C)
Recommended for: moderate euphoria, enhanced sensory awareness, mood elevation, functional relaxation

High temps for intense euphoria, sleep, heavy relaxation, meditation.
370°F to 430°F (188°C - 221°C)
Recommended for: intense euphoria, sleep, heavy relaxation, meditation

More info in this thread:

If you vape at the lower temps you'll be left with green-brown ABV... which you can digest later or give it to visiting mormons, baked into cookies. :LOL:

Who remembers that time a guy gave Mormons hash cookies?

j

Top Bottom