ADHD?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Good sativa strains or hybrids that are more sativa leaning are the go.

Strains that have worked well for me are

Golden tiger
Acapulco gold
Alaskan purple x blue Tahoe cheese

Definitely after the more cerebral high than the indica strains that knock u out.

You just keep searching for that strain that ticks all the boxes, I’ve heard Durban poison, sour diesel and green crack are very good for adhd too.

Definitely a difference between being high and being stoned, I like the sativa high’s just a bitch waiting for them to finish up but worth it in the end.

Probably my interest in land race sativas, basically ancient medicine.

Last edited:

skttl

Germinating
User ID
ahh thanks for the recs! I will look out for them in the future
I like the sativa high’s just a bitch waiting for them to finish up but worth it in the end.
Growing is totally an exercise in patience, which is definitely something good to cultivate anyway haha. I am being very patient for my order from 7east which includes this "energising" strain, hopefully will tick those boxes : ))

MoFo

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
ahh thanks for the recs! I will look out for them in the future

Growing is totally an exercise in patience, which is definitely something good to cultivate anyway haha. I am being very patient for my order from 7east which includes this "energising" strain, hopefully will tick those boxes : ))
Been growing some alien dragon from 7east and it has been very nice for that cerebral high and get off the couch functionality

skttl

Germinating
User ID
I understand the overthinking feeling but so far it's never been more than just a curious occurrence, but I guess I am prepared to stop if it gets oppressive. At the risk of tellin ya all my life story, I mostly abstained from cannabis until my 30's because all that I tried didn't work at all or was probably indica which made me too sleepy. Then I got some dank sativa dominant flower and holy shit, everything made sense, I became enlightened, and here I am growing the 1 bag seed from it. I need stimulants to function, but I hate taking stimulants every day. So I am real hopeful it will work for me in a semi-regular but not everyday kind of deal. And maybe I could even stop needing ritalin?
Anyway thank u for listening

ShellzShuff3

Vegetating
User ID
I understand the overthinking feeling but so far it's never been more than just a curious occurrence, but I guess I am prepared to stop if it gets oppressive. At the risk of tellin ya all my life story, I mostly abstained from cannabis until my 30's because all that I tried didn't work at all or was probably indica which made me too sleepy. Then I got some dank sativa dominant flower and holy shit, everything made sense, I became enlightened, and here I am growing the 1 bag seed from it. I need stimulants to function, but I hate taking stimulants every day. So I am real hopeful it will work for me in a semi-regular but not everyday kind of deal. And maybe I could even stop needing ritalin?
Anyway thank u for listening
I find it really helpful for me, but I need to get the right strain and the right dosage. I have disruptive ADD symptoms but haven't been diagnosed so YMMV. It's about experimenting though. Gradually work up dosage/frequency.

I'm finally starting to grow my own, but so far my favourite MC for 'work mode' are:

1. ANTG Mariposa (OG Kush, but only 16% THC)
2. Beacon Medical Cricical Super Silver Haze
3. Sundaze Sierra Blaze (Blue Dream strain)

The antg slows my brain down so good for writing and it's not too strong etc. The other two are sativa dominant and good for a little higher energy tasks etc. Incredibly helpful for creative stuff or enjoying mundane things (getting tax ready etc.).

If you can afford it, one option could be getting on medical and trying a few strains so you can figure out what works for you. Growing is amazing, but of course you need to wait months before you know if the strain is going to do what you want for you.

By the way, just because a strain is sativa or indica dominant doesn't necessarily mean it will have a sedative or stimulant effect, the % of THC can also be misleading. If you are interested, reading about the 'entourage effect' of terpenes and cannabinoids and specific strains which have been evaluated for treating ADD will help to refine the choices.

Last edited:

skttl

Germinating
User ID
I find it really helpful for me, but I need to get the right strain and the right dosage. I have disruptive ADD symptoms but haven't been diagnosed so YMMV. It's about experimenting though. Gradually work up dosage/frequency.

I'm finally starting to grow my own, but so far my favourite MC for 'work mode' are:

1. ANTG Mariposa (OG Kush, but only 16% THC)
2. Beacon Medical Cricical Super Silver Haze
3. Sundaze Sierra Blaze (Blue Dream strain)

The antg slows my brain down so good for writing and it's not too strong etc. The other two are sativa dominant and good for a little higher energy tasks etc. Incredibly helpful for creative stuff or enjoying mundane things (getting tax ready etc.).

If you can afford it, one option could be getting on medical and trying a few strains so you can figure out what works for you. Growing is amazing, but of course you need to wait months before you know if the strain is going to do what you want for you.

By the way, just because a strain is sativa or indica dominant doesn't necessarily mean it will have a sedative or stimulant effect, the % of THC can also be misleading. If you are interested, reading about the 'entourage effect' of terpenes and cannabinoids and specific strains which have been evaluated for treating ADD will help to refine the choices.
This is great information and lots to consider and research, thank you. My partner is prescribed cannabis for anxiety and this has made so much quality of life difference. Sadly we can't afford another prescription, but it's okay, I am patient : )

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I've been prescribed a 1:1 Oil (25ml CBD, 25ml THC) for both pain and anxiety, and it works quite well. It can take up to 2 hours to fully kick in, but when it does it has a very calming effect on me. Not that i've dabbled in much of the Pharmaceutical mood-altering drugs, but nothing has hit the sweet spot like this stuff has before either. 1ml puts me in a good place with both conditions. (y)

Only complaint is the cost of MC supplies..
Circle Balance 25-25.jpg

skttl

Germinating
User ID
I've been prescribed a 1:1 Oil (25ml CBD, 25ml THC) for both pain and anxiety, and it works quite well. It can take up to 2 hours to fully kick in, but when it does it has a very calming effect on me. Not that i've dabbled in much of the Pharmaceutical mood-altering drugs, but nothing has hit the sweet spot like this stuff has before either. 1ml puts me in a good place with both conditions. (y)

Only complaint is the cost of MC supplies..
View attachment 29522
yeah they really need to put it on the PBS my gosh

skttl

Germinating
User ID
I know lot of folks are calling out for it to be on the PBS. But even i'm not fully comfortable with the idea of the Gov subsidising my MC supplies yet, because i'd prefer to see other life-saving drugs listed before MC.

I'd be happy with about 50% reduction of today's retail prices though.
I understand why you feel this, but I just want to make it clear I really do think they can and should put those life saving drugs, and any other drugs that are integral to people's health including MC on it. It is an injustice in all cases, and they aren't exclusive propositions, so why weaken your moral argument?

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I don't see it as weakening my moral argument. Morals had no inclusion in the forming of my opinion. May be you see it that way, but that'd be your interpretation of my opinion, you'd be way off the mark though.

skttl

Germinating
User ID
I don't see it as weakening my moral argument. Morals had no inclusion in the forming of my opinion. May be you see it that way, but that'd be your interpretation of my opinion, you'd be way off the mark though.
ah, I'm sorry, that was clumsily written. I meant the question to be rhetorical, to explain how I came to my own position, but it totally reads otherwise. I've taken your point on board regardless, and I make no assumptions on the forming of your opinions.

Abnormal÷curiosity

Vegetating
User ID
Good sativa strains or hybrids that are more sativa leaning are the go.

Strains that have worked well for me are

Golden tiger
Acapulco gold
Alaskan purple x blue Tahoe cheese

Definitely after the more cerebral high than the indica strains that knock u out.

You just keep searching for that strain that ticks all the boxes, I’ve heard Durban poison, sour diesel and green crack are very good for adhd too.

Definitely a difference between being high and being stoned, I like the sativa high’s just a bitch waiting for them to finish up but worth it in the end.

Probably my interest in land race sativas, basically ancient medicine.
What's the best bet for zk e one wanting g to grow a land race sativa indoors

Top Bottom