3d Printing For Weed's 'Bits' an Bobs'

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
Resin printer is next on my shopping list. I have pa6cf, tpu, petg, PC (never managed to get that to print properly) for my hobby drones but honestly I have come back to a good quality pla for anything I can get away with. I don't think printing anything for the res is worth while but for the mounts it's working great

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

R3za92

Baked
User ID
ASA is the go for parts that are subjected to light and water.

PLA will be attacked by both, petg is ok with water but light will attack it
petg is probably the most Uv resistant filament you can get. It’s chemical resistant, uv resistant, high deformation temp so won’t warp/miss shape in the heat and is food safe in most cases which asa isn’t. Asa is really good for car parts over abs because it’s a bit easier to print and uv resistant unlike abs but neither are chem resistant and will leach pretty bad. Abs+ has good chem resistance properties though.

I tend to agree..
I've tried quite a few filament types. PLA+ seems to be very good for most, I didn't like petg (stringing) ASA is good once set up, CF filled also good for some items.

Leaning to water based for my resin printer as well (less mess)
Stringing with petg is normal and can be fixed with correct printer setup especially retraction. I print petg as easy if not easier than pla these days. Abs is my nemesis with it constantly wanting to warp off the bed.

durban kid

Blooming
User ID
the next big home appliance from Samsung the home printer 3000xl lol just think what they will be able to do in ten years probably with recycled plastic or hemp instead of buying your next dinner set from big w you just buy the bag of product and pour it into the printer like a coffee machine and it does the rest whit the built in menu of 10000 designs and wait there's more you can add your own usb stick not included
watch up load they have a food printer

R3za92

Baked
User ID
the next big home appliance from Samsung the home printer 3000xl lol just think what they will be able to do in ten years probably with recycled plastic or hemp instead of buying your next dinner set from big w you just buy the bag of product and pour it into the printer like a coffee machine and it does the rest whit the built in menu of 10000 designs and wait there's more you can add your own usb stick not included
watch up load they have a food printer
Printing will never be as cost effective as other forms of mass production like for example injection moulding. 3d printing is good for 1 offs or small scale manufacturing where you can’t afford a few hundred thousand dollars to by high output equipment. To put it in perspective you can 3d print a plate in 30 mins/hr on most hobbies machines (probably 10 mins on a voron) but you could injection mould easy a few hundred a day.

durban kid

Blooming
User ID
Printing will never be as cost effective as other forms of mass production like for example injection moulding. 3d printing is good for 1 offs or small scale manufacturing where you can’t afford a few hundred thousand dollars to by high output equipment. To put it in perspective you can 3d print a plate in 30 mins/hr on most hobbies machines (probably 10 mins on a voron) but you could injection mould easy a few hundred a day.
yes but that is now i am talking in a few years time

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
The real benefit is just being able to mount things how you want them, for people space limited like me it has helped tidy things up. Fittings and pots etc I wouldn't bother.
For anyone interested I have a raspberry pi setup with mycodo, just controlling fans and relays at the moment from humidity and temp sensors but will eventually add CO2 and pH/EC monitoring.
Here is a vid showing some of the things it can do from the creator (the first half is just the build:

R3za92

Baked
User ID
The real benefit is just being able to mount things how you want them, for people space limited like me it has helped tidy things up. Fittings and pots etc I wouldn't bother.
For anyone interested I have a raspberry pi setup with mycodo, just controlling fans and relays at the moment from humidity and temp sensors but will eventually add CO2 and pH/EC monitoring.
Here is a vid showing some of the things it can do from the creator (the first half is just the build:
If you want some decent prints geared towards hydro look at hoochos YouTube and patreon

Top Bottom