3d Printing For Weed's 'Bits' an Bobs'

vostok

Blooming
User ID
for Kids.jpg Snapmaker.jpg

Things have gotten a lot cheaper since I tried 3d printing years back, then it was an expensive trial making pc fan cowls, a quick search on the web sees many new creations even just for the weed

Grow Tent Accessories by dalelovelace

Accessories I have made for my Apollo 2x4 grow tent. The poles on the Apollo are 0.65" so these should work with any tent that has 0.65" poles. Link to my grow tent:https://amzn.to/30TKHOs Also included are intake grates for 4" and 6" blowers to keep anything from being sucked up into them, and...

3 Hooks for Grow Tent by EliotFR

I've design two hook to hang my grow light in my grow tent. The first one is design for snap hook and the second one have just a notch to slide in a rope. update 1 : I've had a new style, design to fit with the upper pole who have a flat end. It was design for 16mm bar and 4mm snap hook ( hole...

Grow tent pole clamp for fans by CorrieD

These are simple anchors that snap onto the poles of your grow tent for clamping small fans to. These snap fit onto 16mm poles. There are a few version, I was playing around with the shape optimization in Fusion 360. The one named clampvertallfinal should be the strongest, most secure one. EDIT...

6" - 6 Inch Ducting Grow Tent Mount by DotScott1

NOTE: This can be scaled up or down for 4" or 8" ducting but you would need to determine what size screws you would need. What you'll need: 8x12mm screws and nuts. Duck Tape. Ducting Clamps Instructions: I made this a square because squares are easier to cut than perfect circles. So...

Sliding Window Dryer or AC Vent Seal Kit with 4" Air Duct Mount by DotScott1

UPDATE: Added a V2 option that uses less plastic and doesn't require you to open your window as much. Had some extra filament, needed a window vent. This was cheaper and faster than ordering one online :) The current model is designed to be printed on a large scale 3D printer like the CR-10S...

Fan Shroud for Heated Chamber Connect an 80mm Fan to 100mm Ducting by 3D_Market

Simple adapter to allow a standard 80mm fan to be used in conjunction with 100mm Ducting.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

vostok

Blooming
User ID

(continued)​

air filter (activated charcoal) by adm1413

air filter is basically for filtering toxic gasses from the printer while printing. activated carbon is used as a medium. I was inspired from the idea on instructables but i was not able to find all parts so here it is !http://www.instructables.com/id/Activated-Carbon-Air-Filter/ you can find...

Strawberry Pot Desiccant Jar by debren27

This is a silica gel bead desiccant holder that prints quickly and easily in spiralized/vase mode, ideally with double line width for strength. The air holes are created by the upside-down half-cones. Many thanks to Angus at Maker's Muse for the inspiration!

Plant Watering Bulb for Vase Mode by SnickerdoodleFP

Running low on my first spool of filament, I wanted to create a watering bulb that would do the job with very little plastic, and print quickly enough for a small garden. Ideally, a vase mode print. I designed this watering bulb to be watertight when printed with vase mode, so I tried to stay...

Printer-Friendly 2" Hydroponic Net Cups by Geodude1852

I made a net pot design that can be printed easily with no supports. I saw other designs that either left out the bottom surface or provided a version with built in supports so the bottom can be printed. This model can be printed entirely with no supports.

Weighted hydroponics airstone aquarium bubbler by unknowndebacle

This bubbler is CHEAP and quick to print, produces nice even bubbles even at low flow rates, and is weighted for maximum effectiveness! I used inert ceramic 'Mrs. Anderson's Pie Weights' but could substitute marbles. This is a remix from two other creations...

Hydroponic Drain by vik

This is a hydroponic trough drain for rectangular trough NTF systems http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nutrient_film_technique . It's also useful for draining tubs and barrels and uses a standard (even in this metric world) 3/4" BSP threaded section which is just over 1" (26mm) in diameter. There's...

Tent no light leaking passive cooling room vent by kupec123

Tent no light leaking passive cooling room vent for the roof of tent. As we know hot air goes up that is why no fan is needed. UPDATED FINAL 26.4.2019 Dimensions : 120x80mm and 150x100mm aprox Print details: layer 0.2 infill 20% For one vent u need 1x or 2x Plate and 1x Vent and 4x 3mm screws...

Light Trap for computer fans by Fred2606

Light Trap for growbox that uses 120mm or 80mm fans. Nothing fancy, but everything was designed with the goal of improving air flow. Here in Brazil we do not have a good quality mat black fillament, so I had to print it gloss black and paint to it ensure blackout. Inspiration for this were from...

vostok

Blooming
User ID

Grow Tent Blackouts by pajpoulter

I find these are better than just trying to pull the vent holes tight. Completely new at this so I'm sure the print setting could be better, please check them.

Customizable Satisfying Twist Container by larsch

This is a customizable version of Make Anything's Satisfying Twist Container in OpenSCAD. The shape, height, radius, smoothness and twist can be customized. Demo video. The generated models are solid (filled in) and need to be printed in Vase Mode. In Cura this is called 'Spiralize Outer...

Shower Head (Customizeable) by dsnettleton

Create a Shower Head to your own liking using the MakerBot Customizer App!

Mouth suction adapter for freezer bags by arpruss

For quick and dirty vacuum sealing of frozen goods, one can just suck air out of the freezer bag. However, doing that directly by mouth is unsanitary. Hence this adapter. Zip the bag almost shut, leaving just enough space for the eye-shaped part of the adapter. Press the bag around this part...

Sieve (3mm diameter holes, customizable) by plaztech

I printed this to sift through shredded plastic before feeding it to my filament extruder. I wanted something with round holes, and all the other sieves I saw on here had square ones. The holes are 3mm in diameter. The sieve is 8cm deep and 16cm in diameter, with 5mm thick walls. I've included...

My Customized Parametric Net Pot / Net Cup for Hydroponics / Aeroponics / Fogponics by irbrian1

Customized version of https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:790339 Created with Customizer! https://www.thingiverse.com/apps/customizer/run?thing_id=790339

3D-printable faucet-to-hose adapter by CreativeTools

One of our favourite applications for 3D printing is to quickly manufacture something that is hard to find in stores. Recently we needed to connect a flexible hose to a standard water faucet in our office. Instead of getting into the car for a ride to a bunch of hardware stores, we quickly...

Clifford The Master Double Perc Ice Chamber by MNicky008

This is it, about as good as it gets, Version 5 Has been analyzed in ANSYS CFD (Computational fluid dynamics) for optimal drag free hits. Percs have been enlarged from V1 and improved printing structure. Snap rings have been made so pieces snap together, and will not separate without force...

Customizable ventilation grid by kakiemon

This ventilation grid is a remix of Thing https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3115753 I added the possibility to change the witdh in addition, not just length and diameter. Now its possible to create also rectangular ventilation grids in a wide range of grids and sizes. Also I changed the...

120 mm Fan Bucket Mount and Light Trap by stabone831

Needed to mount a 120mm pc fan to a 5 gallon bucket for a Space Bucket build.

LST Clip V2 AND V3 ADDED by JeenyusPete

V3 ADDED! LST plant training clips, made for marijuana plants but can be re-sized Now with Larger sized pre-made and slightly altered. Tiny Size, same design as regular size just smaller!

GreenJayPackerKS by ArdvarkMadman

A device for holding king size cones for filling with your herb of choice. Designed using OpenSCAD $fn=144; //RAW 1.25 size //cone_len_mm=80; //RAW classic king size cone_len_mm=110; cone_wid_mm=15; filter_end_mm=8; base_wid_mm=35; base_ht_mm=18; topfiller_wid_mm=30; topfiller_ht_mm=15...

Open Source Universal Ball Joint (to reuse!) by DieZopfe

PROJECT PRESENTATION I share with you the source files allowing you to make a solid ball and socket connection to reuse in your designs. This version is the result of a long series of iterations to find the right design. This ball joint allows to have a displacement of 25° from its axis, and...

Ball joint mounts for grow tent by grownan

Remix of Ball joint phone mount with tripod mount from anoved https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1035943 added parts to connect to mars hydro tent poles as well as useful models for mounting items to them. PVC models are for 1/2 in pvc used M4 machine screw and M4 wingnut

120mm to 4" Exhaust Fan Shroud for Grow Tents by needypoo

This design was created so it could be hung inside of a grow tent via handy mounting holes! Sandwich a 120mm Fan with THIS to exhaust your quantum board grow light heat! Or put positive pressure and make a generator! This takes a 120mm fan and adapts it to a 4" exhaust pipe...

Earth Bucket Container Garden by 2manytoyz

This is my first test of a self watering planter, using a 3D printed platform. The platform sits above the water line, allowing the plant roots to air prune. One part of the platform has a tube that allows a column of dirt to sit in the water. This wicks up the water, and keep the dirt moist...

Reusable Plant Root Growing by kubat

PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION The pictures are not mine, I just see an add and 3D modeled the product they are selling, oficial link in the below: https://www.kbxgsa.com/products/reusable-plant-root-growing-box My design is not a copy of the original.

$us200-@2000

vostok

Blooming
User ID
save some cash! ...seems 3d printers are now showing up in local libraries

cheers

vostok

Blooming
User ID
polysoup_preview_featured-640x480.jpg

3D printers are gaining in popularity, with uses spanning the spectrum from moon bases to firearms, but there's another area where the ability to construct complex shapes is beginning to provide benefits: getting high.

Online magazine Motherboard has published the story about the slow but inevitable rise of 3D-printed bongs. MakerBot's Thingiverse site returns almost two dozen template results when searching for "bong," all of which are downloadable in STL format and printable on tons of different 3D printers.

Common resin-based 3D printers can't create glass, so a water pipe produced from these templates wouldn't be entirely print-n-toke, but most appear to be ready to go as soon as glass pipes are added. The descriptions for many of the pipes indicate that they should be printed with PLA, which the Ice Bong creator notes "is biodegradable and poses no health risk and also has no smell."
b92738154afe23b19fb445aa1abcf5d9.jpg

Questions of convenience aside, the 3D printing of what could be called "drug paraphernalia" raises an interesting set of issues which parallel those raised by firearms printing. As marijuana legalization gains traction at the state level, what is the responsibility of 3D repositories like Thingiverse to police themselves? Is it "moral" to allow the storing and downloading of 3D bong templates but not firearm templates? Casual marijuana smokers consistently tout the harmlessness of the drug, but those opposed to its legalization point to the dangers of abuse; on the opposite side of that coin, firearm enthusiasts push their own hobby's safety and the dangers of restricting gun ownership. Each group may be seen by the other as somewhat hypocritical: a gun is a tool, but gun control proponents point out that guns are tools designed to kill.

Moral issues aside, 3D printing lowers barriers to construction and actually lowers far more barriers for firearm creation than for bong creation—it's a lot harder and more expensive to buy a gun than to buy a bong, and there are legal issues around gun ownership that 3D printing can circumvent. It's not illegal to purchase an "unlicensed" bong (though you might get tossed out of the head shop if you can't stop asking the clerk how high the bong will get you), but would fast access to a 3D printer and a template really encourage drug use?

From a purely practical perspective, the answer right now is "no," if only because a bong isn't necessary to use marijuana. Though 3D printing might lower the entry barrier to procuring a bong (especially if you're under 18 in the USA and can't purchase one), actually having a 3D printer itself is quite a barrier. This is reflected by the download numbers for the bong templates on Thingiverse: as Motherboard notes, the IceBong's download count of 789 isn't exactly "disruptive." But as 3D printing matures, the technology may become exactly that. Scanners and copiers today include methods to prevent them from counterfeiting currency; it's conceivable that legal mandates might spring up to encourage 3D printer manufacturers to ensure their devices don't print "illegal" or "immoral" patterns.

In other words, now would probably be a good time to get your 3D bong on, before the man steps in and harshes your mellow.HERE:

R3za92

Baked
User ID
polysoup_preview_featured-640x480.jpg

3D printers are gaining in popularity, with uses spanning the spectrum from moon bases to firearms, but there's another area where the ability to construct complex shapes is beginning to provide benefits: getting high.

Online magazine Motherboard has published the story about the slow but inevitable rise of 3D-printed bongs. MakerBot's Thingiverse site returns almost two dozen template results when searching for "bong," all of which are downloadable in STL format and printable on tons of different 3D printers.

Common resin-based 3D printers can't create glass, so a water pipe produced from these templates wouldn't be entirely print-n-toke, but most appear to be ready to go as soon as glass pipes are added. The descriptions for many of the pipes indicate that they should be printed with PLA, which the Ice Bong creator notes "is biodegradable and poses no health risk and also has no smell."
b92738154afe23b19fb445aa1abcf5d9.jpg

Questions of convenience aside, the 3D printing of what could be called "drug paraphernalia" raises an interesting set of issues which parallel those raised by firearms printing. As marijuana legalization gains traction at the state level, what is the responsibility of 3D repositories like Thingiverse to police themselves? Is it "moral" to allow the storing and downloading of 3D bong templates but not firearm templates? Casual marijuana smokers consistently tout the harmlessness of the drug, but those opposed to its legalization point to the dangers of abuse; on the opposite side of that coin, firearm enthusiasts push their own hobby's safety and the dangers of restricting gun ownership. Each group may be seen by the other as somewhat hypocritical: a gun is a tool, but gun control proponents point out that guns are tools designed to kill.

Moral issues aside, 3D printing lowers barriers to construction and actually lowers far more barriers for firearm creation than for bong creation—it's a lot harder and more expensive to buy a gun than to buy a bong, and there are legal issues around gun ownership that 3D printing can circumvent. It's not illegal to purchase an "unlicensed" bong (though you might get tossed out of the head shop if you can't stop asking the clerk how high the bong will get you), but would fast access to a 3D printer and a template really encourage drug use?

From a purely practical perspective, the answer right now is "no," if only because a bong isn't necessary to use marijuana. Though 3D printing might lower the entry barrier to procuring a bong (especially if you're under 18 in the USA and can't purchase one), actually having a 3D printer itself is quite a barrier. This is reflected by the download numbers for the bong templates on Thingiverse: as Motherboard notes, the IceBong's download count of 789 isn't exactly "disruptive." But as 3D printing matures, the technology may become exactly that. Scanners and copiers today include methods to prevent them from counterfeiting currency; it's conceivable that legal mandates might spring up to encourage 3D printer manufacturers to ensure their devices don't print "illegal" or "immoral" patterns.

In other words, now would probably be a good time to get your 3D bong on, before the man steps in and harshes your mellow.HERE:
Petg would be better for a bong. More temp and chemical resistant as well as food safe. Would require so mods for most cheap printers as it needs a slightly hotter bed and nozzle temp

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
I have been designing and printing all sorts of parts for my little tent, the pla actually seems to be fine for everything including netpots, petg is not hard to print, a standard ender 3 will do it and definitely best for anything watertight.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Where there's a gap in the market, is old plastics sets for old dirt bikes. Just for instance, a complete plastics kit for my old dirt bike would be 2k upwards, and then I'd have to very fortunate to find a complete set.

Fortunately, I have a complete set, but I'm seriously thinking I might want to get the pieces scanned, before they're fucked altogether (plastic is breaking down).

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Where there's a gap in the market, is old plastics sets for old dirt bikes. Just for instance, a complete plastics kit for my old dirt bike would be 2k upwards, and then I'd have to very fortunate to find a complete set.

Fortunately, I have a complete set, but I'm seriously thinking I might want to get the pieces scanned, before they're fucked altogether (plastic is breaking down).

I looked in to this for some car parts, but never actually had any produced. It is amazing the degree of accuracy the scanners can achieve.

There is a mob called Thinglab in Vic. that were rather helpful and can also 3D print. .

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
You can always print moulds and make your own carbon fibre plastics/engine covers if your really keen.

Yea it is definitely wasteful and pla is not environmentally friendly at all, but there are a number of plant based out there.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
personally I wouldn’t be using pla for anything that’s touching nutrients. It’s not chem safe and could leach into the nutrient solution of your worried about that shit.

And yeah you can print petg on a standard ender but I wouldn’t be doing it for too long or you risk the ptfe lined throat degrading (fumes from ptfe are deadly) so well worth upgrading to an all metal hotend.

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
personally I wouldn’t be using pla for anything that’s touching nutrients. It’s not chem safe and could leach into the nutrient solution of your worried about that shit.

And yeah you can print petg on a standard ender but I wouldn’t be doing it for too long or you risk the ptfe lined throat degrading (fumes from ptfe are deadly) so well worth upgrading to an all metal hotend.
Your right, I did all metal before I ever used mine so I forget about that.
I would not be too worried about pla, it seems to be considered absolutely safe and people have been having plenty of success in hydro and aquariums, there is a bit of a misconception that it is biodegradable because it is made from starch but it is really only degradable with PVA.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Your right, I did all metal before I ever used mine so I forget about that.
I would not be too worried about pla, it seems to be considered absolutely safe and people have been having plenty of success in hydro and aquariums, there is a bit of a misconception that it is biodegradable because it is made from starch but it is really only degradable with PVA.
Yeah pla is kinda food safe but most foods don’t really have the amount of salts that nutrients do. The main issue with leaching is the Chems used to actually colour the pla as there’s no real standard for what the colouring agent could be. But yeah agree with the misconception that it’s biodegradable because its derived from starch, some brands (not many) are biodegradable but only in industrial composting. Landfill, home compost etc it’s just plastic.

Last edited:

puggle6

Baked
User ID
ASA is the go for parts that are subjected to light and water.

PLA will be attacked by both, petg is ok with water but light will attack it

Secretchief

Vegetating
User ID
ASA is the go for parts that are subjected to light and water.

PLA will be attacked by both, petg is ok with water but light will attack it
I guess it depends how far you want to go, ASA can be good safe but most ASA filaments aren't, without heavy UV I think all of the above would be safe to use

puggle6

Baked
User ID
I guess it depends how far you want to go, ASA can be good safe but most ASA filaments aren't, without heavy UV I think all of the above would be safe to use
I tend to agree..
I've tried quite a few filament types. PLA+ seems to be very good for most, I didn't like petg (stringing) ASA is good once set up, CF filled also good for some items.

Leaning to water based for my resin printer as well (less mess)

Top Bottom