3d printed items for grows

Absorber

Vegetating
User ID
Hello all,
I've made a few thing that I use in grows a Bell Syphon, pole clips that fit on conduit to hold tent out from being sacked in from extraction fan and clips to attach scrog nets to said poles , mesh cups for hydro, branch trainers etc , and im currently working on a light lifter/lowering design to make lifting and lowering the light in a grow tent (without having try and manoeuvre amongst the grow )all at the flick of a switch.
The 4 ropes will run up from light over pulleys and across to a 55mm length of pressure pipe that will have a 12vdc motor fitted with a double pole 3 position momentary rocker switch to raise or lower light by winding cord around pipe .
The next part to design and print will be the parts to hold the pipe and motor , im currently test printing parts in the pictures for test fit .
20231114_151203.jpg20231114_150554.jpg20231114_150342.jpg20231114_150300.jpg20231113_155754.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
That's pretty neat. I'm hopeless with CAD programs but it's great that 3D printers are more accessible these days, they were so expensive when they first came out!

benn0

Baked
User ID
Got myself a 3d printer and i love it, printed and built myself one of them vertical hydroponics towers and pumps water up the top them drizzles through a tube with roots in it to the bottom to a res, awesome little project it was

Absorber

Vegetating
User ID
Got myself a 3d printer and i love it, printed and built myself one of them vertical hydroponics towers and pumps water up the top them drizzles through a tube with roots in it to the bottom to a res, awesome little project it was
Yea they are good fun and certainly very handy bit of kit , I've seen that STL of the hydroponic planter tower looked cool. I started this project awhile ago but its been put on hold with all the other things im doing ( too many hobbies) its called inmoov if you haven't seen it .

20230909_102313.jpg

Absorber

Vegetating
User ID
That's pretty neat. I'm hopeless with CAD programs but it's great that 3D printers are more accessible these days, they were so expensive when they first came out!
Im hopeless too i use 3d builder a free program on windows and another program called meshmixer to clean the files up after they are made .
They are easy to use and im no computer wiz 😊 .
Wish the technology was around when I was a kid ,definitely good fun thinking of an invention and couple of hours later you have a prototype in your hand 🤯😊

Bullfrog

Blooming
User ID
Hello all,
I've made a few thing that I use in grows a Bell Syphon, pole clips that fit on conduit to hold tent out from being sacked in from extraction fan and clips to attach scrog nets to said poles , mesh cups for hydro, branch trainers etc , and im currently working on a light lifter/lowering design to make lifting and lowering the light in a grow tent (without having try and manoeuvre amongst the grow )all at the flick of a switch.
The 4 ropes will run up from light over pulleys and across to a 55mm length of pressure pipe that will have a 12vdc motor fitted with a double pole 3 position momentary rocker switch to raise or lower light by winding cord around pipe .
The next part to design and print will be the parts to hold the pipe and motor , im currently test printing parts in the pictures for test fit .
View attachment 41153View attachment 41154View attachment 41155View attachment 41156View attachment 41157
hey bro can you make me one of these ?

11111.png

benn0

Baked
User ID
Man 3d printers are such a great invention, one is able to go through iterations of products withing just a few hours compared to sending it over the china and all that BS. quicker turn around on products printed is such a time saver

Bullfrog

Blooming
User ID
theres so many programs out there these days i didnt realise. ive just been looking around a bit. actually quite a lot of free stuff too. I use to use photoshop alot. theres a site called cgpeers.to that has heaps of software and tutorials and materials for anything graphics 3d modelling special effects related.
cant you watch shit on your computer screen ??

Absorber

Vegetating
User ID
theres so many programs out there these days i didnt realise. ive just been looking around a bit. actually quite a lot of free stuff too. I use to use photoshop alot. theres a site called cgpeers.to that has heaps of software and tutorials and materials for anything graphics 3d modelling special effects related.
cant you watch shit on your computer screen ??
Id have to set up a WIFI hotspot on my phone to watch it on my laptop but the internet is so slow and shit here it would be constantly buffering .

Absorber

Vegetating
User ID
Ok test print finished for some parts for the light lifter .
The fit seems good , just imagine the white pipe is as long as you need to go across the roof of the tent ,I need to design the parts to go on the other end of the pipe then I will be able to give it a test run and see if this motor has the strength to lift the light .
The hole you can see on the side of the red part on pipe is where the ropes up one end will be fed in after the pipe is drilled out .

20231115_100635.jpg20231115_100610.jpg20231115_100549.jpg20231115_100537.jpg

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Not printed related. But I use to fuck around modding race sim games. Creating models and textures. Started off doing textures primarily car skins for a Aussie mod team that went by the name of ORSM, and jointly we recreated from scratch a V8 Supercar mod with all the cars and about half a dozen Aussie circuits. Pretty popular mod back in the day, but as usual politics seen the the mod team eventually disbanded. To which I went on my own to create some circuits, and updated another one that eventually became 16th in a list of top 20 circuits for the game rFactor.

Here's a video of the circuit I done a major overhaul on back in the day. Can't remember the model count, but the texture count broke over 1000 mark. The year I released it, my father passed away, so dedicated the build to my father's passing and included him into circuit. He's the bloke standing nearly a helicopter.

Absorber

Vegetating
User ID
Not printed related. But I use to fuck around modding race sim games. Creating models and textures. Started off doing textures primarily car skins for a Aussie mod team that went by the name of ORSM, and jointly we recreated from scratch a V8 Supercar mod with all the cars and about half a dozen Aussie circuits. Pretty popular mod back in the day, but as usual politics seen the the mod team eventually disbanded. To which I went on my own to create some circuits, and updated another one that eventually became 16th in a list of top 20 circuits for the game rFactor.

Here's a video of the circuit I done a major overhaul on back in the day. Can't remember the model count, but the texture count broke over 1000 mark. The year I released it, my father passed away, so dedicated the build to my father's passing and included him into circuit. He's the bloke standing nearly a helicopter.

Awesome stuff ,sorry to hear about your dad ,living forever now in the game 💚
Wish I learnt to write code, I fumble big time playing around with arduino.
I 3d printed a 6ft wingspan tribute (to Ironmaiden) spitfire that looks like its smashed through the wall ,it was designed to have flashing machine guns and gun sight and smoke and flashing leds from exhaust simulating flames in the firing order of a spitfire with sound effects all motion activated it has Eddy sitting in the cockpit.
The coding is above my pay grade 😪😊
JPEG_20181017_210909.jpg

Absorber

Vegetating
User ID
Ok just tested the motor with the barrel attached and i dont think its going to have the grunt to lift the weight of the light , I will do another design with a bigger geared motor.
Back to the drawing board 🙄

Top Bottom