2 part nutes - why?

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Essentially 2 part nutes with multiple bottle additives are designed for the said producers profit margins + grow shops.
There are plenty of one part nutes that do a good job and make growing cheaper and easyier.
Same goes for additives for ec pens etc.
Dont believe all the bs.
It all leads to your wallet.👍

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Absolutely, and as you know, mate. It can even be simpler if you're doing it in the dirt.

Indoors though I am one of those suckers that goes a 2 part base nutes (preferably with kelp), and do like to have cal-mag and silica on hand. I pull up at that though.

I did buy Bluelab's calibration liquid once, just so the order at the time qualified for free postage. But yeah, that shit is pure robbery to the hobbyist. Might be worth having in a commercial operation. But if I recall correctly, it only has a shelf life of 3 months once opened. Dead money to us punters, lol.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Essentially 2 part nutes with multiple bottle additives are designed for the said producers profit margins + grow shops.
There are plenty of one part nutes that do a good job and make growing cheaper and easyier.
Same goes for additives for ec pens etc.
Dont believe all the bs.
It all leads to your wallet.👍
Not really. Yes there are plenty of 1 parts but they are generally a lower concentration than a 2 part to stop the elements reacting and creating fallout.

Majority of nutrients on the market are using the same basic base blend of nutrient salts and than adding their own twist on top like adding kelp, hormones etc.

It’s extremely common in agriculture fertigation to seperate nitrates from sulphates and phosphates, most ag hydro nutes are powdered and will have calcium nitrate seperate as this is the most reactive because of both nitrates reacting with sulfates and calcium reacting with phosphorus.

There is a bunch of science in it but there’s also a more than enough bullshit coming out of the cannabis specific nutrient companies

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Snigger if you must been getting good results with seasol liquid hydroponic and powder kool bloom.
If i have nutrient deficiency i use magnesium sulfate and iron chelate .
Always working on tight budget and i dont like grow shops. Probably comes from years of self medicating living under prohibition.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Snigger if you must been getting good results with seasol liquid hydroponic and powder kool bloom.
If i have nutrient deficiency i use magnesium sulfate and iron chelate .
Always working on tight budget and i dont like grow shops. Probably comes from years of self medicating living under prohibition.
I’ve made my feeling about seasol and the reasoning behind those feeling pretty obvious, but there products do still work.

Personally I also stay away from hydro shops and have been leaning more and more towards ag grade nutrients and additives.

I’m also in the magnesium is overused gang that slownickel on Instagram has been forming 😂😂 #highcalciumgang.

Also what iron chelate are you using. EDTA isn’t very useful for hydro as it’s availability ph range is very narrow, also it’s made with formaldehyde. I’ve been using DPTA which has a wider ph range but been looking at EDDHA

Top Bottom