2 part nutes - why?

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
I have these hydro nutes - grow and budding. Each set has two parts (four bottles in total). Why are they in two parts. I have the grow solutions part A and B. Do I mix them together? Do I do week about for A and B? I have no idea. Can anyone help?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I have these hydro nutes - grow and budding. Each set has two parts (four bottles in total). Why are they in two parts. I have the grow solutions part A and B. Do I mix them together? Do I do week about for A and B? I have no idea. Can anyone help?

Throw a link/picture/details up if you can of the brand that you got and we'll check it out for you.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
First thing , try using 1/2 what the label says and work from there

You will need a ph and ec pen

There's veg and flower nutrients because the levels of nitrogen is less in flower but needs different ratios

A + b supply different parts of these ingredients, when mixed together they make a complete solution meeting all your plants nutrient requirements

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
A + b supply different parts of these ingredients, when mixed together they make a complete solution meeting all your plants nutrient requirements

Okay, so I mix them together, then why two parts. Perhaps some elements in one concentrate interact with elements in the other. I might have to email the manufacturer.

I have the ph and ec pens. I haven't worked out how to use them yet.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
One of the reasons i've heard they have a part A 'n part B is because some of the chemicals can react with each other, so they keep them seperated cue offspring*. And even when you do eventually make batch, add both A 'n B to the water while stirring it in. Avoid adding the concentrates together undiluted.

As for Growrite 'n Budrite, info on the net is very scarce. Best i could find was a partial picture of the directions on a label, lol.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
If you have a pic or tell us the plants age we will tell you what strength EC would be suitable.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
A and b are mixed per the instructions into water. Don’t mix them together in their concentrated form. The reason they’re sent as 2 parts is in high concentrations some of the ingredients react with each other resulting in nutrient fallout.

It’s common to seperate nitrates from phosphates and sulfates for this reason as well as a few other things like phosphorus and calcium.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
Okay, so I mix them together, then why two parts. Perhaps some elements in one concentrate interact with elements in the other. I might have to email the manufacturer.

I have the ph and ec pens. I haven't worked out how to use them yet.
"Perhaps some elements in one concentrate interact with elements in the other." Yep, basically. It's not so much elements but ingredients in your nutrient mix. Some nutes come as salts, some come as a slurry. The slurry mixes better, more evenly. Often the salts can be more reactive because they're not diluted. Two differing salts one +, one - are much more likely to react. Keeping them separate reduces the time in which they can react before being diluted in your resi.

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
If you have a pic or tell us the plants age we will tell you what strength EC would be suitable.

They are babies Sedge - been up for a week and just got the first leaf. I have them in a tiny pot at the moment but they can't stay in there for long.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
They are babies Sedge - been up for a week and just got the first leaf. I have them in a tiny pot at the moment but they can't stay in there for long.
I’d start them at 0.6 EC.,,following week Up it to 0.8.and so on..
i aim for final EC at 1.6 sometimes I go to 1.8 For flowering.
some growers like to go stronger EC but 1.6 for me is what I prefer.
if The leaf tips don’t burn they will take it stronger,, if they do burn then just back off a little on the nutes.

with gro rite at .06 to 1.0 EC you might find the ph in the right range ,,atleast it is with my town water .

Do you get an EC reading from you plain water? ,,it can vary area to area.

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
I’d start them at 0.6 EC.,,following week Up it to 0.8.and so on..
i aim for final EC at 1.6 sometimes I go to 1.8 For flowering.
some growers like to go stronger EC but 1.6 for me is what I prefer.
if The leaf tips don’t burn they will take it stronger,, if they do burn then just back off a little on the nutes.

with gro rite at .06 to 1.0 EC you might find the ph in the right range ,,atleast it is with my town water .

Do you get an EC reading from you plain water? ,,it can vary area to area.

I've never used the ec or ph pen Sedge. The tap roots are poking out the bottom of the small pots so I will put them in the large pot tomorrow, then play with the pens.

Wargul

Vegetating
User ID
It turns out my Bluelab Ec pen needs calibration liquid that wasn't supplied with the pen and the ph meter has to be soaked in water for 24 hours prior to use, so I put in the seedlings with 1/4 strength solution and a prayer instead. I was surprised how much liquid ran straight through the mix and into the tray. I chucked it on the tomatoes.

Top Bottom