😳

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Bullfrog

Blooming
User ID
unfortunately probably not. an estimated 30 billion is spent every year 5-6 billion directly on community services, for a population of less than 1 million. It doesnt work it never has. Im sure it does provide something in the way of support but nothing very life changing or lasting. Its a very complicated and chaotic issue, I dont know what the answer is and I dont think anyone does.
*edit* well thats not totally true. I do believe in the power of self responsibility. Any individual can raise his will power to meet the challenges of his own personal existence as hard or even impossible as it may seem and succeed in improving his life. Trying to do that on a national level is perhaps fucking insane to consider

Last edited:

Indy

Misfit
User ID
There was a news article over the weekend regarding a group giving out free food hampers to those that are struggling. And there was this one picture showing a line of the folks waiting for the handouts. Unfortunately, the line lacked much diversity we see within our country these days. The line consisted of middle-aged or older Asians. Which I suspect were predominantly Chinese.

I wouldn't mind betting a few of them rocked up in their Mercedes, and parked a couple of blocks away, and headed on in to get their freebies. Not good.

Top Bottom