Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

nici

Germinating
User ID
hi mate
i'm sure DNG will chime in with his ideas , sorry to butt in

if your talking dry mulch then look into a mix of alfalfa/lucerne hay & barley straw , they work pretty well

pot size is contributing factor though , both hay & straw , well allot of things used for mulch are dry
with smaller amounts of soil its hard to keep the moisture consistent enough to keep those dry ingredients
braking down as you would like

if your talking living mulch then look into dichondra ( the greener version not so much the silvery / green one )
mixed in with some grasses , rye , oat & barley , dichondra is a perennial that's a low growing ground cover
fairly shallow rooted that's happy in full sun or part shade , the grasses are a little more deeper rooted & offer
a diverse set of microbes they attract to there root system / pots soil life

pot size is still a factor = larger soil volumes the better
will also add blumats can help with consistent moister in pots = happier healthier soil life = happier healthier plants

i'm sure if you ask some general questions you might have about general soil mixes & there uses
i'm sure DNG would be happy to discuss with u GK
i would think talking about a competitors product is prob not considered kosher
Thanks itchy I'm going to give living mulch a run this time I think and I've got some blumats to try out as well.

Thanks to @Donothing-garden for the response, now just have to order some new soul from you 👍

jorgejones

Seedling
User ID
@Donothing-garden Hey mate, whats the deal with the amendments and guide for em on your site? Im looking to use the soil outdoor and was wondering if I need to amend the soil with the regime shown on your site throughout the grow.

Last edited:

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
Thanks itchy I'm going to give living mulch a run this time I think and I've got some blumats to try out as well.

Thanks to @Donothing-garden for the response, now just have to order some new soul from you 👍
Nice to hear nici.

The blumats are pretty handy.

Don't get too hung up on the numbers if plant looks good.

Personally will use blumats from now on after using them for 1 grow.

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
@Donothing-garden Hey mate, whats the deal with the amendments and guide for em on your site? Im looking to use the soil outdoor and was wondering if I need to amend the soil with the regime shown on your site throughout the grow.
Which soil are you using? The guide is a basic framework around when and how to use the amendments during your crop cycle to enhance plant health and yield.

Donothing-garden

Blooming
User ID
To avoid confusion, our soil contains the following ingredients in order from most to least volume:

Lithuanian sphagnum peat moss, lightweight scoria (aeration) compost, worm castings, biochar, basalt rock dust, soft lime (from coral deposits), natural grade 1 gypsum, Neem meal, Acadian kelp meal, fish meal, malted barley, soft rock phosphate
Update: peat moss, scoria, compost, worm castings, biochar, insect Frass, Neem meal, kelp meal, fish meal, soft rock, gypsum, lime, basalt rock dust, potassium sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, malted barley... And soon a new ingredient to help with ease of watering and lowered bulk density. Will make indoor gardening a little more forgiving, especially in colder months.

Top Bottom