How many people experienced mold this year?

How many people experienced mold this year?

• Indoor with mold

• Outdoor with mold

• I blame the genes/genetics

• I blame the weather

• No Mold for me

Results are only viewable after voting.

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Ok so it appears that this year, due to what is appearing to be a cooler than usual summer, how many people experienced mold?
I for one experienced mold but unfortunately that's on me, to be honest I was lucky enough to have used this past year to find something that didn't have mold but yeah, each to their own.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
Fuck I though this thread would be on page 3 by now
everytunc has been on about mould for weeks

I'll go YES, suffered from a bit of mould this season, mostly pillar problems, but two plants were mould loving stnuc, genetics

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
I'm sick of talking about it haha, and the sight of it!!
Im gonna grow more sativas again next season, well hybrids that lean more sativa dominant at least

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I'm sick of talking about it haha, and the sight of it!!
Im gonna grow more sativas again next season, well hybrids that lean more sativa dominant at least
Haha but did you vote?
Honestly everyone I would appreciate it if we could collate this information. I guess you could say I am a bit of an "infomation-phile"

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Fuck I though this thread would be on page 3 by now
everytunc has been on about mould for weeks

I'll go YES, suffered from a bit of mould this season, mostly pillar problems, but two plants were mould loving stnuc, genetics
Yeah I agree Pedro, its unfortunate and I would love to be able to collate the data for this year.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
I’m not sure if this pertains to the information you are gathering
but yeah I left some nice tasty cheddar in the fridge to long and it
got green mould through it ,,no good .had to chuck it out..

I don’t blame the weather or the cows genetics ..

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Also, the growing environment impacts a great deal on whether or not mould takes off such as whether there are other mouldy plants or objects nearby or if planted or put where there is not enough wind able to get to the plants or not enough sun able to reach plant etc.

Had lots of bugs and snails and pillars etc more than previous years too and where they nibble on the plant is where I find dead leaves etc where mould sometimes is.

Last edited:

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Also, the growing environment impacts a great deal on whether or not mould takes off such as whether there are other mouldy plants or objects nearby or if planted or put where there is not enough wind able to get to the plants or not enough sun able to reach plant etc.

Had lots of bugs and snails and pillars etc more than previous years too and where they nibble on the plant is where I find dead leaves etc where mould sometimes is.
I agree, I always try to clean my grow tent after each grow and keep my work area clean but doesn't always work

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
No, is not an option?
hindsight is 20:20, if an admin could go in and drop a "no" answer, an "I blame myself answer" and "I blame other reasons answer(post experience below)" as well that would be great ;)

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Perhaps we should consider the fact that many of these cultivars are developed INDOORS under almost perfect growing conditions over many generations.
Chances are a Lot will not make the grade as outdoor plants unless they receive perfect conditions. ✌

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Perhaps we should consider the fact that many of these cultivars are developed INDOORS under almost perfect growing conditions over many generations.
Chances are a Lot will not make the grade as outdoor plants unless they receive perfect conditions. ✌
Totally Oldfark

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
sorry folks imho your thinking is to narrow

genetics / breeders def play a roll in a plants susceptibility to problems
however focusing on that only makes you ignore other major factors , i'll bet you could change nothing else but genetics year after year & you'll still have issues year after year

soil health = plant health = less pest & pathogen impact on your plants

i reckon people spend way to much time on what nutrient bottles to buy / use & no where near enough time on how to increase soil & plant health which would give you a much greater impact on your plants harvest quality & quantity

ask yourself , what do you think about b4 starting a grow & how much thinking go's into health Vs genetics , bottled nutrients , pot size , position , ect ect ect , in fact do you ever think about plant health b4 you start dealing with problems

microorganisms grow & protect your plants , degrade populations at your plants peril

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
My thoughts exactly......most commercial strains were most likely bred indoors, and haven't seen rain for generations.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Strain called Holland's Hope that was initially bred specifically for Dutch outdoor ( wet and cold) conditions. The strain would now be useless in those conditions, unless all subsequent generations were also bred outdoors. Gone soft indoors

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Few good points raised here, but I think a few of us "older wizards" are very aware of what has happened to the genome during prohibition and it's sad. I'm calling it now, prohibition caused the genome to be damaged and we have lost some great stuff due to raids, etc.
This problem can be overcome with patience and breeding but of course evolution is fluid and there's nothing like a shock to reveal darwin's fittest of the fittest LOL

Now everyone needs to settle down, perhaps stop speculating on what is and what isn't and just share ya got damn experiences!

I'm over here doing my own thing, not ripping people off, just thought it could be therapeutic for people to share their experiences of this year. After all I had been harping all year that this summer appears to be cooler than usual and I just got laughed at.
Fuckwits.

Anyway, continue in how ever way you want to continue.

PS/PostScript: Now I don't want anyone to take that out of context and needs to be interpreted properly, I don't want anyone to think it is what it isn't, best to perhaps read it literally.

Last edited:
Top Bottom