The Alcohol Thread.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Great thread, some excellent suggestions, especially the crankshaft, prob my fav Oz beer!

not so sure about stouts down under, kinda sweet though the Grifter below does the job just expensive…

Attachments

• BB84D67A-02C2-40BE-8763-46159D932FCA.jpeg
    BB84D67A-02C2-40BE-8763-46159D932FCA.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Great thread, some excellent suggestions, especially the crankshaft, prob my fav Oz beer!

not so sure about stouts down under, kinda sweet though the Grifter below does the job just expensive…
Yeah I've seen that! I love a good stout but yeah I prefer them more on the coffee side than the chocolate.
Most Aussie stouts are more on the chocolate side!!

Being an Irishman I'd been keen to ask do you think Guinness and Killkenny has changed formula or brew or something has changed in em both!!
I got a 4 pack of each and both tasted a lot less flavourful and watery compared to the last time I drank em which was about 4 to 5 years ago!!

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Yeah I've seen that! I love a good stout but yeah I prefer them more on the coffee side than the chocolate.

Being an Irishman I'd been keen to ask do you think Guinness and Killkenny has changed formula or brew or something has changed in em both!!
I got a 4 pack of each and both tasted a lot less flavourful and watery compared to the last time I drank em which was about 4 to 5 years ago!!
You like Cooper’s stout ?
I do.

Reactions: Orb

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID

Kilkenny is the Irish equivalent of Fosters - no one really drinks it back home but it does well on export. So can’t comment on it changing and I’ve only had one can of Guinness in my life, so sorry can’t comment on that either.

What I can tell u is there are multiple types of Guinness - only a couple available in Australia.

So if u can’t get good draft, I’d highly recommend Guinness Export (6% v 4% for cans or regular bottles). Also comes in larger 750ml bottles so ur not running back and forth to the esky all day!

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Also read a few of ye like Bushmills 10yo - I fucking LOVE whiskey and my go to is Bushmills Black Bush - it’s always cheaper than the 10yo and imo tastes even better

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Also read a few of ye like Bushmills 10yo - I fucking LOVE whiskey and my go to is Bushmills Black Bush - it’s always cheaper than the 10yo and imo tastes even better
I like Cutty Sark for a good cheaper scotch! Great drop! Better than Bushmills I think!
Still got a 15 year old Dimple that I got for me 40th unopened!!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID

If ya like Bent spoke stuff have ya tried anything from Capital brewing. Both very good but I prefer the Capital stuff personally!!

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Kilkenny is the Irish equivalent of Fosters - no one really drinks it back home but it does well on export. So can’t comment on it changing and I’ve only had one can of Guinness in my life, so sorry can’t comment on that either.

What I can tell u is there are multiple types of Guinness - only a couple available in Australia.

So if u can’t get good draft, I’d highly recommend Guinness Export (6% v 4% for cans or regular bottles). Also comes in larger 750ml bottles so ur not running back and forth to the esky all day!
Yeah I've had family and mates travel to Ireland and they all say the guiness we drink here is nothing like what ya get on tap over there!!

Top Bottom