WTF IS SUPPLE LIGHTING ?!?

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
Well that's what my mate calls it coz he can't be fucked saying supplemental and that's what I'm going to crap on about today.

For those who couldn't give two shits feel free to scroll down to the last paragraph.

Canopy thickness or height and light penetration (no it's not soft foreplay) is something I've always been a little unsure of in that I have a little difficulties getting that happy medium between a decent sized canopy but not too much larfy shit down below.
I think sometimes I expect too much of my shitty mars lights when I see these fellas on YouTube with 7ft tall trees loaded to the nines with fat chunky buds top to bottom and I begin salivating and licking my lips but quickly I come crashing back to reality and tell myself I'm dreaming.

But who of us couldn't use a little more penetration and according to @Porky I'm getting fuck all.

So I decided to do something about it and thanks to that lovely fella Soren from @QuickBloomLights who hooked me up with the new full spectrum Ionbeam grow light bars from AC Infinity I was well on my way to chunky buds up top as well as down below.

They are magnetic which makes installation a breeze when using the included metal plates which you put on the outside of your tent canvas wall and then position Ionbeam bar in same position on inside of your tent which magnetises through canvas and stays in position.

Other option is mount them on the support bars of the high cfm kit and again you simply attach using the magnet on the light.

They daisy chain and can be plugged straight into the ac Infinity uis system.

I've been using these since I flipped 5 weeks ago and I can already see there's going to be a dramatic difference to the quality of flower I'll get in the lower canopy.20231115_133737.jpg20231115_133709.jpg20231115_133832.jpg
And if you can't see much it's likely due to my very professional camera work but I couldn't be happier with how it's looking and the flower below is fattening up nicely just like up top.

I'll post an update in another 5 weeks and give some final thoughts.

Long story short.. they're the ducks nuts.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Supplemental lighting is pretty much just near UV (purple), Deep Red 660nm and Far Red diodes 730nm mixed together which apparently make plants produce more resin (UV) and the deep reds help with budding and I think the far reds help put the plants to sleep faster at the end of the day (the Emerson effect) they only add a little bit of the far red diodes as too many can make the plants really stretch. That's pretty much what supplemental lighting is

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Well that's what my mate calls it coz he can't be fucked saying supplemental and that's what I'm going to crap on about today.

For those who couldn't give two shits feel free to scroll down to the last paragraph.

Canopy thickness or height and light penetration (no it's not soft foreplay) is something I've always been a little unsure of in that I have a little difficulties getting that happy medium between a decent sized canopy but not too much larfy shit down below.
I think sometimes I expect too much of my shitty mars lights when I see these fellas on YouTube with 7ft tall trees loaded to the nines with fat chunky buds top to bottom and I begin salivating and licking my lips but quickly I come crashing back to reality and tell myself I'm dreaming.

But who of us couldn't use a little more penetration and according to @Porky I'm getting fuck all.

So I decided to do something about it and thanks to that lovely fella Soren from @QuickBloomLights who hooked me up with the new full spectrum Ionbeam grow light bars from AC Infinity I was well on my way to chunky buds up top as well as down below.

They are magnetic which makes installation a breeze when using the included metal plates which you put on the outside of your tent canvas wall and then position Ionbeam bar in same position on inside of your tent which magnetises through canvas and stays in position.

Other option is mount them on the support bars of the high cfm kit and again you simply attach using the magnet on the light.

They daisy chain and can be plugged straight into the ac Infinity uis system.

I've been using these since I flipped 5 weeks ago and I can already see there's going to be a dramatic difference to the quality of flower I'll get in the lower canopy.View attachment 41207View attachment 41208View attachment 41209
And if you can't see much it's likely due to my very professional camera work but I couldn't be happier with how it's looking and the flower below is fattening up nicely just like up top.

I'll post an update in another 5 weeks and give some final thoughts.

Long story short.. they're the ducks nuts.
Are you tagging me in this thread because your trying to bait me?
Because I'm pretty sure your not asking me for help!

Bullfrog

Blooming
User ID
Supplemental lighting is pretty much just near UV (purple), Deep Red 660nm and Far Red diodes 730nm mixed together which apparently make plants produce more resin (UV) and the deep reds help with budding and I think the far reds help put the plants to sleep faster at the end of the day (the Emerson effect) they only add a little bit of the far red diodes as too many can make the plants really stretch. That's pretty much what supplemental lighting is
supplemental can be full spectrum too. dont be a racist transisalmophobe

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
Ti supplement anything is to provided in addition to what is already present.

These lights I'm using are full spectrum which is ideal for my application

veritas629

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I looked at those lights and like the magnetic mounting system, smooth. Is the idea that you put them on the walls mid-canopy, shining horizontal to give the sub-canopy leaves & buds some extra light?

Top Bottom