Would you risk it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Found some mould/budrot on wonkey and ssh today and cut them off.

Wonkey is a long way off from finishing so I'm not considering chopping her atm but am thinking about SSH as her bud development is further along than wonkey's and she is sticky sticky as and smells delicious.

I don't want to lose to budrot or mould and not had this problem before.

Would you chop SSH if seeing more mould on her?

ssh3.jpg
sshbud.jpg
sshbud1.jpg
sshbud2.jpg

This is the worst rot I found
budrot.jpg

Thanks for advice.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Hi sugar can you check on the trichome development with a loupe?
if they are still mostly clear then No don't harvest you'll be wanting them to be
at the least , mostly clouded before chopping to get anything worthwile
is SSH super silver haze?

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Hi sugar can you check on the trichome development with a loupe?
if they are still mostly clear then No don't harvest you'll be wanting them to be
at the least , mostly clouded before chopping to get anything worthwile
is SSH super silver haze?
Thanks HGO
No I don't have a loupe but is fair to say she is too young to harvest and I would have thought another 3 weeks on her to finish or thereabouts.
Yes she is super silver haze fem.
Ok then thanks for advice and I'll leave her go and just keep on top best I can.

Reactions: HGO

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
No need to rip the plant down yet Sugar Cut the mouldy bits out every second day. The wet weather rot many of us are currently experiencing can effectively be managed for a couple of weeks( if we don't get bucket loads more rain). It's not as pervasive as mould from root rot, which would take out an entire plant within 2 days

Sugar

Baked
User ID
No need to rip the plant down yet Sugar Cut the mouldy bits out every second day. The wet weather rot many of us are currently experiencing can effectively be managed for a couple of weeks( if we don't get bucket loads more rain). It's not as pervasive as mould from root rot, which would take out an entire plant within 2 days
Ok thanks Fox, will do

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
I like to be fairly straight when sampling buds for the first time, I had a cone of gg allen yesterday after work and I’m blown away by how good it got me off the bat.

very relaxing smoke. I think we put a lot of emphasis on what buds are ment to look like? I’m way more interested in how it smokes rather than how it looks.

again I think it’s all personal preference I love a good heady high but each to their own.

I say do what you thinks right sugar either way it’s win win, at worst you get a different high of the same plant or the same high off the same plant variety is the spice of life.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
I like to be fairly straight when sampling buds for the first time, I had a cone of gg allen yesterday after work and I’m blown away by how good it got me off the bat.

very relaxing smoke. I think we put a lot of emphasis on what buds are ment to look like? I’m way more interested in how it smokes rather than how it looks.

again I think it’s all personal preference I love a good heady high but each to their own.

I say do what you thinks right sugar either way it’s win win, at worst you get a different high of the same plant or the same high off the same plant variety is the spice of life.
Good points, thanks Gazza

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Couple nights ago I literally 'nuked' my entire crop due to mold, just grabed it all droped it on the ground and watered it into the soil, I just couldn't risk it, some people are very sensitive to mold and I didn't want that on my conscience.

Sugar

Baked
User ID
Couple nights ago I literally 'nuked' my entire crop due to mold, just grabed it all droped it on the ground and watered it into the soil, I just couldn't risk it, some people are very sensitive to mold and I didn't want that on my conscience.

Oh no Benn0, sorry to hear :(

I'm on top of the mould here atm thankfully. Found a couple more little bits.
Weather has been good thankfully :)

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Ouch mate must've been devastating. I have definitely thrown several elbows straight into the compost heap this season also but still plenty that proved resilient

benn0

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Oh no Benn0, sorry to hear :(

I'm on top of the mould here atm thankfully. Found a couple more little bits.
Weather has been good thankfully :)

Thanks, yeah its all part of the game, win some, loose some fortune favors the brave.

Ouch mate must've been devastating. I have definitely thrown several elbows straight into the compost heap this season also but still plenty that proved resilient
Yeah some was still good but I decided to pull the plug until I can get the mold sorted, still found some promising genetics though.

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
I had two pheno's of church and 1 was a total rot fest the other barely a bud that rotted. One that was resilient had more sativa traits with bigger longer, less leafy colas, the other was so leafy and the buds were just straight indica looking 👍
White widow is my go to outdoor strain for resilience. Saved the day again this year

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
The ones with papery thin leaf aren't very hardy in wet conditions, inevitably they're always leafy.

That's why hybrids rule I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom