Wiring for LED kit

Indy

Misfit
User ID
A little while back i bought shit off Alibaba/Aliexpress for a 240w LED kit i intend using for a small clone/veg cabinet.

2x 120w dodgy QB panels with heatsinks
1x 240w Meanwell Driver (probably dodgy as well).

shtibght.jpg

To the question.. What type of wire is best suited for wiring the panels to the driver. I was thinking of just using your typical 240v 10A wire. Can i get away with that, or do i need something more specific?

Feel free to set me straight on the legitimacy of the shit i bought too. I think i'm into it for about $240 all up so far.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
A little while back i bought shit off Alibaba/Aliexpress for a 240w LED kit i intend using for a small clone/veg cabinet.

2x 120w dodgy QB panels with heatsinks
1x 240w Meanwell Driver (probably dodgy as well).

View attachment 38715

To the question.. What type of wire is best suited for wiring the panels to the driver. I was thinking of just using your typical 240v 10A wire. Can i get away with that, or do i need something more specific?

Feel free to set me straight on the legitimacy of the shit i bought too. I think i'm into it for about $240 all up so far.
As the dumb cunts say. That looks šŸ”„ šŸ˜‰

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
The wires from the DC side of the driver to the panels dont need to be much at all, In fact small enough to terminate into the little push in connectors on the boards. Only guessing but maybe 20 Gauge. A solid strand wire is easiest save you having to tin the stranded stuff to get it stiff enough to poke in.

The AC side of the driver is where most problems start.

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Just on the wires on the panel side.

My DIY built LED, which has probably only really done 4 or 5 complete runs, the wire insulation has faded badly. I haven't checked if it has become brittle or not, but maybe it should be either run inside something UV stable.. or buy UV stable insulated wire, if that exists?

Top Bottom