What are you reading?

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
Well, there's a Canna Fim section but no book section so I thought I'd just create this post. Not sure if there is a better place for it, feel free to recommend or get @Billygoat to move it. Even better; create a Canna Reading or Canna Books section.

Anyway, I'm browsing through and reading occasionally:

Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Handbook. Not bad, I think there is a new book that's been released in the last couple of months.

I've also started reading In Plain Sight by Ross Coulthart - I've spent a lot of time in Woomera and Alice Springs (because of the Defence projects). I've worked on the Edinburgh base in Adelaide and have heard a few stories. I love this stuff. Interesting read.

20211210_123428.jpg
20211210_123452.jpg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
I like reading but I’m extremely slow at it. Like I’ll read a chapter then not touch it for a week or so.View attachment 18957

These are my vinyl records of his..

20211211_085339.jpg

I remember the first time I listened to Songbook. It was 2am in the morning and I'd just woken up. I jumped on my phone and looked it up. Felt like he was there sitting with me while I listened to it twice in a row and then went back to bed. lol

vostok

Blooming
User ID
iu

“Every catastrophe begins with a little problem that doesn’t get fixed.” So says Pauline Green, president of the United States, in Follett’s nerve-racking drama of international tension.

A shrinking oasis in the Sahara Desert; a stolen US Army drone; an uninhabited Japanese island; and one country’s secret stash of deadly chemical poisons: all these play roles in a relentlessly escalating crisis.

Struggling to prevent the outbreak of world war are a young woman intelligence officer; a spy working undercover with jihadists; a brilliant Chinese spymaster; and Pauline herself, beleaguered by a populist rival for the next president election.

Never is an extraordinary novel, full of heroines and villains, false prophets and elite warriors, jaded politicians and opportunistic revolutionaries. It brims with cautionary wisdom for our times, and delivers a visceral, heart-pounding read that transports readers to the brink of the unimaginable. https://www.amazon.com/Never-Novel-Ken-Follett-ebook/dp/B08WCFQVR8

for your e-reader, easy WW3 type novel

Red Eye Hero

Baked
User ID

I hate reading books this is the only book I’ve actually read​

From Pieces to Weight: Once Upon a Time in Southside Queens​

2D7BE20D-5E09-42C3-A3C7-C220AF3EF781.jpeg

Description​

From Pieces to Weight: Once Upon a Time in Southside Queens is a violent and introspective memoir that reveals not only 50 Cent's story but the story of a generation of youth faced with hard choices and very little options. It is a tale of sacrifice, transformation, and redemption, but also one of hope, determination, and the power of self. Told in 50's own unique voice, the narrative drips with raw insight, street wisdom, and his struggle to survive at all costs...and behold the riches of the American Dream.
50 Cent has sold over 20 million records worldwide. His record-breaking debut album Get Rich or Die Tryin' has sold over 12 million units worldwide, with the largest debut in SoundScan history. While his sophomore effort, The Massacre, sold over 1.14 million copies in its first four days of release, he has since become the first artist to have four songs in the top 10 of Billboard's Hot 100 since The Beatles in 1964.
His business empire includes: a record label (G-Unit Records, a division of Interscope Records), apparel/footwear ventures (G-Unit Clothing and footwear, joint ventures through the Ecko Clothing Company and Reebok, respectively), vitamin water (Formula 50, through Glaceau's Vitamin Water), watch line (G-Unit Watches, through Jacob & Co), and a video game (50 Cent: Bulletproof, through Vivendi Games). His future plans are to dominate the film and television worlds through two new G-Unit ventures in film and television...and his most prized project: the nonprofit organization The G-Unity Foundation, which aims to better the life of urban youth.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I read this when it first came out ('97 I think) and found it a pretty interesting insight into the Thai prison system. A very easy read and IMO definitely worth the day it takes to read it. From pig sex to astral travel... this book has it all ;)

220px-The_Damage_Done_%28book%29.jpg

Blurb:
In 1978 Warren Fellows, Paul Hayward and William Sinclair were convicted of heroin trafficking between Thailand and Australia. They were sentenced to life imprisonment in Bangkok's notorious Bang Kwang men's prison, the Bangkok Hilton.

It was the beginning of twelve years of hell for Warren Fellows. He has never spoken of those years to anyone. Until now.

The Damage Done takes you behind the bars of a Bangkok prison. A place where sewer rats and cockroaches are the only nutritious food, where autocratic prison guards giggle as they deliver pulverising blows and where the worst punishment by far is the khun deo – solitary confinement, Thai style.

Brutally honest and repentant of his initial crime, Warren talks about the decade of his life he lost in leg irons. The Damage Done is a brave and compelling book that poses harrowing questions on the nature of justice.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Handbook. Not bad, I think there is a new book that's been released in the last couple of months.
Yep, got it on order - wasn't sure if I'd be that interested in it, but the new release sounds good - apparently scientifically sourced info. The authors did a reddit AMA the other day some interesting questions and answers among a bunch of crap.

Also trying to source a copy of The Cannabis Encyclopedia by Jorge Cervante. Again, dunno how good it'll be, but figured I'd give it a shot. Fairly expensive, even secondhand.

And for some more general hydroponics reading, got a pre-order of the 8th edition of Hydroponic Food Production by Resh. Going to diversify my hydro to the vegie patch after some mucking around already.

Oh yeah, I've also got a bookshelf or two of stuff I've picked up over the past couple of years I should try and catch up on...

Ganja Kaiser

Baked
User ID
Yep, got it on order - wasn't sure if I'd be that interested in it, but the new release sounds good - apparently scientifically sourced info. The authors did a reddit AMA the other day some interesting questions and answers among a bunch of crap.

Also trying to source a copy of The Cannabis Encyclopedia by Jorge Cervante. Again, dunno how good it'll be, but figured I'd give it a shot. Fairly expensive, even secondhand.

And for some more general hydroponics reading, got a pre-order of the 8th edition of Hydroponic Food Production by Resh. Going to diversify my hydro to the vegie patch after some mucking around already.

Oh yeah, I've also got a bookshelf or two of stuff I've picked up over the past couple of years I should try and catch up on...
Nice! I might have to grab the new book. I actually thought I had it pre-ordered on Amazon after thinking about it but not sure what happened. I should probably check.

Top Bottom