Washing buds

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Tunkers

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Yeah I was posting on 420mag when everybody was going on about doc buds washing technique and used it on an aphid ridden outdoor plant. Was amazing how much dirt and shit came out but the aphids seemed to stick pretty bad. Was not enjoyable

vostok

Blooming
User ID
Never heard of this until now does anyone do it? I thought it was stupid but it sounds pretty smart
I've done many desert grows and some bugs infestations

that had to be washed out but only in extreme cases for me

IMO only use air temp water, and be gentle,

cold water or rough handling snaps them trics loosing potency

if you do this it can easy lead to the water cure saving much time

in cure and drying over the air dry method

it involves soaking your buds for 3-7 days I go 4 days after that can turn to mush

change the water daily, it stinks of chem?

good news token results in minimal smell but great hit

hang like socks to dry

good luck

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Of course you need corresponding nutrient line up with 17 different bottles to get correct pellet ratios and you will get your free bottle of Ass final rinse (for that residue free pellet experience) first ten orders only.
Super special cannabisguineapig breeding stock sometimes available to dedicated and aspiring persons of good and solid stoner disposition . Papers or without . Check notice board at local I G A supermarkets.😷✌🏻

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
your talking rain on a growing plant , it can replenish
sun will degrade terpenes as well but will also replenish
once a plant is cut down = no more replenish

Terpenes are a hydro carbon being yeah hydrogen and er carbon ...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terpene
ever made ice water bubble hash & maybe machine washed a little to long , anyway smell the water , terpenes are water soluble

vostok

Blooming
User ID
your talking rain on a growing plant , it can replenish
sun will degrade terpenes as well but will also replenish
once a plant is cut down = no more replenish

ever made ice water bubble hash & maybe machine washed a little to long , anyway smell the water , terpenes are water soluble
Flavornoids ...back to school for some glad you joined this site No?

There is a third set of compounds inCannabis that need to be highlighted. These are “flavonoids,†compounds responsible for some of the taste and smell of Autoflowering Cannabis and also for the non-green pigments found in vegetables and fruits. They protect the plants from UV rays and deter pests, both grazers and disease-causers.
Flavonoids exist elsewhere in the plant kingdom with over 6,000 identified. About 20 of these are in Autoflowering Cannabis. (Some of these flavonoids are unique to Cannabis plants.) This represents about 10% of the chemical compound mix in these plants, so they are not insignificant. They are thought to modulate the effects of THC.
Flavonoids are also responsible for giving leaves and flowers their colors. They are visible when not masked by green chlorophyll. In addition to imparting color to Cannabis, flavonoids create odor and flavor and react with cannabinoids in synergistic ways.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
i'm old & lazy these days so this blog post is the best ya get unfortunately , it's a big subject with lots of angles that is mostly beyond me
interesting excerpt from jeff's autoflower book , cheers for that

How is terpene oil (aka cannabis essential oil) extracted?
Cannabis essential oil can be extracted via steam distillation, a simple and traditional process in which the steam passes through the plant material (marijuana) taking the oil with it. Contrary to cannabinoids, terpenes are water-soluble, this is why this method ensures that only terpenes – and not cannabinoids – are extracted. As a result, the obtained essential oil has no psychoactive effect whatsoever.

The process is simple: you just have to place the cannabis together with some water in an R. B. flask and heat it up so that the water turns into steam. This way, the terpenes are transferred to a second flask through a glass outlet along with the steam, were it is refrigerated and turned back into water. Once in liquid state, the essential oil containing the terpenes floats on top of the water and can be easily separated.

https://www.dinafem.org/en/blog/what-are-cannabis-terpenes/

Pedro de pacas

FIGJAM - Artisan of Bullshit.
User ID
So you would be better "steaming" the terpene's" out at the peak of THC production
and long before most people supposedly pull there plants, .E.G. when the trics are amber and past the peak ??

Top Bottom