WA researchers look at potential to use medicinal cannabis for weight loss

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Interestingly, this is an observation I have also made myself. The only times I've been overweight were both extended times without cannabis use. There could be many other contributing factors, but I think there is a definite correlation between cannabis use, a higher metabolic rate and weight loss :unsure:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Wouldn’t surprise me. It’s same with blood pressure. There are studies /clinical evidence of the lowering of blood pressure in candidates that were tested (over 60)

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Yeah. I know right…….so I’ve had to resort to doing exercise. 5 kms a day on the treadmill whilst playing games on the iPad……

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
I’m trying to give up the alcohol. Got my medical canna approval. Prefer to get grog right out of my system, but I love bourbon……a lot…..and vodka, scotch, rum, tequila, cognac, wine and beer. So I’m going to struggle. I guess the more cones I have the less i will reach for the bottle!

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
was it mainly beer?
Haha, I wish. started with the beer as was the norm early nineties.

8% Woodstock cans were my fancy. Lol.

Got too dear. Then big gulp little fat lamb bottles. Soon graduated to aldi goon bags and drinking earlier and more everyday until I almost lost everything.

I was replacing my 8 year OxyContin script addiction with alcohol. An unproductive 10 years wasted.

Sober 18 months it’s a much better existence for me. It’ll be a lifelong battle so rely on the weed for pain.

Unknown User

Curing
User ID
Haha, I wish. started with the beer as was the norm early nineties.

8% Woodstock cans were my fancy. Lol.

Got too dear. Then big gulp little fat lamb bottles. Soon graduated to aldi goon bags and drinking earlier and more everyday until I almost lost everything.

I was replacing my 8 year OxyContin script addiction with alcohol. An unproductive 10 years wasted.

Sober 18 months it’s a much better existence for me. It’ll be a lifelong battle so rely on the weed for pain.
Well done for getting off both. It’s not easy, but worthwhile In the long run. I was guessing it was the carbs from beer. When I drank the stuff a lot, I gained the weight big time….

Top Bottom