Very new and need a little guidance

MrDynamix

Germinating
User ID
Firstly thanks very much to Sedge for sending me the seeds that you did!

Combined with those and some others purchased from UK I have quite a collection now.

I don't have any way of really doing this indoors as i am very limited with supplies such as lighting etc.

I have decided to do it outdoors.

I have been using Searles Premium Potting Mix from bunnings and used some pertlite mixed with vermiculite (Probably spelt that wrong)

I have been using the Power Feed green bottle to feed them once every 4 days or so. Using the recommended dosage for early planting which I think is 30ml per 9 litres of water from memory?

They do look ok but of course its always better to get your views.

I have been trying to keep it to the rules of 12 hours light 12 hours dark as possible.

At night i put them in a pool fountain enclosure which is very humid and dark in there.

Watering them once every 2 days with quite a generous amount.

I have a few questions... When these bud how much does 1 plant usually produce of buds? Also how do i go about actually collecting the buds from it? Also to save me keep having to buy seeds, how can i make it so i can make one produce seeds so i can collect those then re plant them? Ideally it would be good to not have to buy seeds again.

Also how long does each plant last until it becomes useless and dies forever? (If that does actually happen) this is how new i am! lol

Also at what point do i need to start tying things down and what parts of it do i tie down?

Please see pics

Thanks again to all of you for previous help and Sedge for the seeds

Attachments

• viber_image_2021-03-11_16-49-23.jpg
    viber_image_2021-03-11_16-49-23.jpg
    376.4 KB · Views: 13
  • viber_image_2021-03-11_16-49-273.jpg
    viber_image_2021-03-11_16-49-273.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 13
  • viber_image_2021-03-11_16-49-284.jpg
    viber_image_2021-03-11_16-49-284.jpg
    742.4 KB · Views: 13

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Welcome to TSE. You need 18 hours light per day at the moment. That means some indoor light, or you'll be disappointed with yield ,( you might get enough for a joint) if you maintain a 12/12 light schedule now

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Welcome Mr Dynamix,

I’d just leave them outside mate, you’ve missed the boat for this season unfortunately.

But you’ll still get something but not a lot I’m afraid.

As far as seeds go just hit sedge up again his one of oz’s biggest and best private seed banks lol.

MrDynamix

Germinating
User ID
I will hit sedge up for sure regarding seeds. What about cloning though is that another way any of you lot can recommend or is it quite complicated?

hahaha yeah thats how new i am to this! Thanks very much for your very instant responses there guys. I hope this doesn't go against any rules but for an agreed price is anyone able to provide me with any buds? I am having a lot of trouble trying to find suppliers on something called Leafedout. They either don't respond or they ask for Bitcoin before providing them. Seems a bit dodgy.

Although I missed the boat for this season is there a way i can keep the plants alive and well so they can produce more for next season?

Last edited:

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
As old fox suggested you’d have to invest in some grow lights and grow them in a grow tent or cupboard to keep them going.

Sort of depends on what you want to achieve?

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Yeah mate, if your in qld I think it’s possible to grow all year round outside, dont hold me to that I’m sure a member here grows auto strains all year round in qld.

If your southern states then indoor is the only way to keep perpetual grows consistently producing , it also compliments the outdoor growing as you can get them started inside and give them a better chance outside.

Cloneing is an excellent way to keep the same plants going, I find it a little hit and miss but it’s a simple process to do.

Last edited:

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
I’ve also heard very good things about sedges buds too, you already have a very handy contact dyna hint hint nudge nudge.

MrDynamix

Germinating
User ID
Yep its quite warm here... its not as warm as other places in QLD. I am Brisbane based. They may struggle in a few winter months so ill have to make sure they're kept quite warm. Is their ideal temperature around mid 20s?

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Some of the other members from your neck of the woods are going to be able to help you a lot better than me, now we’ve established your qld based.

D

Deleted member cpr

Welcome mr D

I suggest that you find a good book on the topic. It'll help you lots with basics :)

MrDynamix

Germinating
User ID
Thanks yes I have found quite a collection of good ebooks but they're American ones... I just wondered if they'd be applicable to here in Aus? I see some people add things like Canna Boost and Flora Gro Tripart collection. Do you guys ever do this at all?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Just want to able to achieve a non stop supply of buds for personal use. So I suppose the only option is growing indoors with lights etc then right?
If you want year round buds either grow inside or grow enough outside to last through to the next years harvest.
Or grow shit loads onec every few years.

D

Deleted member cpr

Thanks yes I have found quite a collection of good ebooks but they're American ones... I just wondered if they'd be applicable to here in Aus? I see some people add things like Canna Boost and Flora Gro Tripart collection. Do you guys ever do this at all?
The basic plant stuff should be solid info, applicable to any region.

Plants need nutrients, they dont need boosters. Hydroponic nutrient lines are deliberately confusing. Most nutrient manufacturers offer base nutrients as well as a heap of boosters. The instructions will encourage you to use the lot but most experienced growers will tell you to use only the base nutes and skip all the other shit.

If your using good soil most of what you need should already be there. I dont grow in soil so I can't say much.

How much weed do you plan on smoking?

MrDynamix

Germinating
User ID
Well its actually all for my Dad to smoke. Its him who is having the chronic knee pain. He actually uses very little. He makes a ratio of 2 parts cannabis and 8 parts tobacco and thats usually enough to help ease his pain and get him off to sleep. The amount Sedge sent is going to last a long time and I am hoping once my Dad runs out of buds, then more buds would have formed on the plants for him to use. Otherwise I may ask you guys for some buds, definitely happy to pay. I think getting them nationally would be so much safer than intl due to the hassle i had with those seeds from UK. Thats a relief knowing about not going through all the headaches of driving myself mental trying to decide what nutrients etc... Shall I just stick with Power feed then through out the whole growth? Even when they are fully grown do they still need power feed?

Thanks again folks for your input on this

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
You need to bite the bullet Dyna and get indoor growing gear if you want more than a few ounces to last till next outdoor season ,,these won’t yield much at all at this time of year ..

Powerfeed should be ok for them seeing they are in potting mix
once they begin flower change to the the purple bottle ..

as for indoor nutes I reckon basic A & B nutes and silica,,
I use Growrite & Budrite.for basic nutes.

Gazza

Forum Pisshead
User ID
Could be worth trying some oil for pain management, think I’ve got some around somewhere it’s extremely potent only need a very small amount to medicate ya self.

Might be a good alternative if ya get low on buds.

Top Bottom