Using ice to increase trichomes

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Fuck knows mate , Only way to tell one way or the other is to grow the same plants exactly under same conditions as each other and do that shit to one and not the other then compare any differences I suppose

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
When the root systems become to cold in soil the plants basically stop growing cant speak for other mediums as ive never used em but i would imagine if ya let ya temps in ya rdwc system get to nearly 0c they would just shut down and die. Personally this just looks like another stupid American fad.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Gone to the other side of the spectrum it seems. Back in the 70's-80's there was a theory doing the rounds that once you ripped your plants, you'd dip the roots into boiling water to push out any remaining oil out of the "oil pot" that was apparently located central to the root system. with the theory that the shock of the hot water would push any remaining oil to the buds. :LOL:

Truth to the matter though, oz. There's no substitute for good genectics. 👍

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Gone to the other side of the spectrum it seems. Back in the 70's-80's there was a theory doing the rounds that once you ripped your plants, you'd dip the roots into boiling water to push out any remaining oil out of the "oil pot" that was apparently located central to the root system. with the theory that the shock of the hot water would push any remaining oil to the buds. :LOL:

Hahaha mate i was guna mention that. When i started growing 22 years ago me mums boyfriend who got me started used to sware by pulling em and putting the roots in boiling water sometimes with some sugar added sometimes not. Me mates older brother still does it today. Old habits die hard. 😂😂

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I agree wholeheartedly with ya indy. No substitute for good genetics.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
I doubt it would live long enough to hermie
2 the theory is reasonable, we shock ours plants to varying degrees
Can be similar to attacks by pests when the plant will produce more resin for self preservation
But I think the plant won't really have time to produce more resin because it will shut down due to root temperature and start to die very quickly
IMO

Kloud9

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I scene nails tapped into the stem last 5 days to a week, to create that simialier stress theory.. 🤔 then I thought, fuck that , just start with fast growing, potent strains, to start with and just enjoy them. Seems to work 😛👍

arty zan

Seedling
User ID

LMAO what a load of old rot! I have heard the same in the 80's in the UK before most people knew what a trichrome was and they thought there was oil in the stem to be pushed out! hehehehe

vostok

Blooming
User ID
Hey does anyone on here do this I just found it today and seemed quite interesting I don’t know how it would work in a hydroponic set up though or if it even works thought people 💭
View attachment 6732
Another Stoner Science Story:... what makes trics is energy spent in darkness,
your buddy leaves his plants longer in darkness
that encourages extra trics,
first give them the energy by giving extra light and er food

good luck

vostok

Blooming
User ID
I scene nails tapped into the stem last 5 days to a week, to create that simialier stress theory.. 🤔 then I thought, fuck that , just start with fast growing, potent strains, to start with and just enjoy them. Seems to work 😛👍
as recomended in Rosenthals book of the 1970's ...lol

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I'm not quite sure, but when i first heard of the nail in stem deal. It was in relation to changing the sex of a paw paw plant from male to a female plant. :unsure:

Top Bottom