Trigger warning

Free_the_canna

Germinating
User ID
received_903673603367024.jpeg
Well it was a sad time during the drought. As you can see everything brown and desolate. I thought id run three big bud autos outside. Being the only green living thing around they just got nailed. I felt for the bugs this year and just let it happen. Drought is a prick of a thing. Show us ya worst if you even bothered to get photos.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

vostok

Blooming
User ID
View attachment 4793
Well it was a sad time during the drought. As you can see everything brown and desolate. I thought id run three big bud autos outside. Being the only green living thing around they just got nailed. I felt for the bugs this year and just let it happen. Drought is a prick of a thing. Show us ya worst if you even bothered to get photos.
I have never seen such a plant in 40 plus years of growing, I'd be using a lot more moss in my soils to hold water, and be spraying with neem oil every 2nd day to keep the moisture in and bugs out

nice pic she just needs a chance

cheers/

thylacinelives

Vegetating
User ID
I considered planting companion shit but just didnt care at that stage. Thought about neem oil, pyrethrin, was told a strong chilli spray. Just thought, you know what this is way to much effort for a possible oz 😂
For suture reference have you tried D.E. (diatomaceous earth) But yeah I would have given the caterpillars something else to mung out on. I feel yah pain thos. I have just had to destroy my whole grow owing to bloody spider mites and leaf septoria! The pain! 😭 😭

Sugar

Baked
User ID
For suture reference have you tried D.E. (diatomaceous earth) But yeah I would have given the caterpillars something else to mung out on. I feel yah pain thos. I have just had to destroy my whole grow owing to bloody spider mites and leaf septoria! The pain! 😭 😭
Awww sorry to hear :(
The critters were severe down my way too.

I did get a kg of that DE stuff but didn't end up using it because although it is a natural substance made of fossilised shells? I found out that the way it works is by getting in between the joints of insects and small critters and snails etc and it wears away between the joints and they dehydrate and die.

I eventually ended up burning the midnight oil on plant and critter watch and the snails and slugs at night were relentless and climbing my windows the bastards! chucking them over the bamboo hedge and each night they would come back with their mates.

There is a good youtube video shows different ways of using it including dusting on top of plants but it does HURT BEES so need to be very careful not to use around flowering plants and when bees are about.

edit: I've heard people take the DE to their benefit and it gets rid of internal parasites or something other so safe for human consumption apparently.

Last edited:
Top Bottom