(The Real) Football World Cup 2022

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Argentina to win the 2022 finals. My prediction of 2 draws and 1 loss for Australia. Sadly, I can't see them progressing past first round. Strong second half by Wales this morning, who were unlucky not to beat USA( in the 89th minute). Typical ignorant Yankee spectators and their USA chant was only silenced by Welsh on field dominance in second half. SBS television coverage of The World Game is on point 🎯

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Northface Gorilla

Vegetating
User ID
I haven't watched it that much since that game in 2006 when that Italian bloke tripped over his own feet in the square an the ump gave them a penalty kick an Australia lost. There's not enough thick skinned umps to stand up to the players calls I swear they just call it whatever the person who's whinging the most says it is.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Fucking cannot believe they holding in a country where it's 40c every day!!
If the Aussies can be fitter and acclimatise better they could have an actual chance of making it out of the pool stage.
Can't see em going any further though!!

Pixie

Baked
User ID
200BN dollars Hey. The Fossil Fuel Football Finals. Bet they couldn't raise that much money with solar energy 😂

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
They got in thousands of workers to build the joint then shipped em out before the start and didn't pay 3/4 of them..Fifa should have had the balls to step in..

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
Yeah sticky your fucking right ! Fucking towel heads absolutely disgraceful
Yeah but I think no country should have played without this shit being sorted. It's all well and good to talk but these teams could have made a stand for the average Joe. I think any country playing on those fields should be ashamed. It's the age of stand up for something but no one did..

Pixie

Baked
User ID
It's a shame when football is such a worldwide game and so many kids play the game. The wrong venue for such an event.😑

Pikey

Baked
User ID
They got in thousands of workers to build the joint then shipped em out before the start and didn't pay 3/4 of them..Fifa should have had the balls to step in..
Not to mention the over 6,500 (recorded) deaths of migrant workers over the course of the construction :(

As sticky pointed out most were not even paid. They had their passports taken from them by their employers (as a control messure) and were treated as slaves.

But I guess the all mighty dollar and humanity's infantile addiction to sport make it all okay 👎

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Not to mention the over 6,500 (recorded) deaths of migrant workers over the course of the construction :(

As sticky pointed out most were not even paid. They had their passports taken from them by their employers (as a control messure) and were treated as slaves.

But I guess the all mighty dollar and humanity's infantile addiction to sport make it all okay 👎

That is an astonishing construction death toll. I heard the same number on the news recently, is there any data to back this up or has billions been spent to cover it up?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Fifa is one of the most corrupt sports bodies on earth!!

Pikey

Baked
User ID
That is an astonishing construction death toll. I heard the same number on the news recently, is there any data to back this up or has billions been spent to cover it up?
You raise a good point there, I have just taken it as read (until now) and upon a little deeper look into it it seems there is quite some debate on the numbers. I found this article which gives a pretty good scope of the situation.

The "zero safety" working condidtions I know are fact, from conversations I've had with friends who's relatives are working there. It's also common place for the employer to take their passport as it holds the person there once they realise what they've actually signed up for and want to leave.

Some very hard choices for people in the developing world who are looking to better their position and modern day slavery is alive and well, waiting to scoop them up.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Aus was temporarily leading France 1-0 this morning. Didn't last long.

Top Bottom