The Cannabis Breeder's Bible - Greg Green

ED-209

Blooming
User ID

The Cannabis Breeder's Bible: The Definitive Guide to Marijuana Genetics, Cannabis Botany and Creating Strains for the Seed Market

The Cannabis Breeder's Bible offers real-world, professional techniques for breeding primo pot and gives precise growing information for 60 popular marijuana varieties. The book covers new hybridization techniques, international seed law issues, protecting new breeds or strains from knockoff artists, shipping seeds and clones, breeding lab designs, product testing, primordial cannabis, landrace and lost strains, common mutations, and more. This useful guide also features a wealth of photographs, instructive illustrations, and in-depth interviews with breeders and seed bank professionals.

I picked this one up today and been busy reading. Quite a good read; refreshing me on genetics and going into more Cannabis specific info. There's a fair bit of info and well presented throughout. Helping me make sense of what I've bought and what I might play with down the track. I'm not likely to do any breeding but knowing about how strains are developed is great.

The only negative is that it is a 2005 publication, so some info is a bit dated. Specifically the use of Sativa/Indica classification and the confusion that comes with it which is now rejected by most. As well as reflecting on the innovations and changes in the industry over the past 20 years.

The core info is still solid and it is a good reference text (but not ideal for the beginner or someone without basic botany knowledge). Any recommendations for simiiar that improves upon this?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Also another thing missing from the book is discussion of autoflowers. I'm not really interested in them, but think it would be relevant to include in a modern edition. Interestingly, there is a mention of a strain from Alaska that was an autoflower but people saying it was passed around in clone only form. Not sure how to reconcile that one if it is totally non photoperiodism.

Top Bottom