Stumbled across some good prices on HLG lights (until 30/11/2020)

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Screenshot_2020-11-27 LED Grow Lights Australia Aqua Gardening.png

What's your opinion @Porky ...are any of these worth a go? I'd be looking at the 240W don't have the space for the larger footprint :(

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
That is their blue series. Its supposed to be for veg but it says it 3500k which is good for flowing as well.
Can ya get em to send ya the spectrum table. The price is very good.
It does say it will flower a 1.2mx1.2m space.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Appreciate the feedback, just wanted to check it wasn't one of those "too good to be true" situations. I'll see if I can get those tables sent :)

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
Yeah bit fine print on anything I feel looks to compare to a 315 seems to always say it will veg and not flower in a 1.2 tent.
I want minimum 800mm high and bushy in 60 days like a single 315w can that ain't no more than $400 and consuming no more than 365w all up

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Yeah bit fine print on anything I feel looks to compare to a 315 seems to always say it will veg and not flower in a 1.2 tent.
I want minimum 800mm high and bushy in 60 days like a single 315w can that ain't no more than $400 and consuming no more than 365w all up
How often do ya buy a bulb for ya light carbs and how much are they.

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
All my gear is pretty new with most only 2 runs, others only come into play for flower from week 3.

315w bulb $120-180 averaging $150 say.
Iirc good for 10k hours.
But I was buying those adjustawings cmh kits for $380 pre covid

I'm not an anti-ledder or anything,
I had a serious look few months back.
Hard to beat a 315w cmh for $$ spent esp if U go a cheaper setup.

Seen plenty good led grows

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
All my gear is pretty new with most only 2 runs, others only come into play for flower from week 3.

315w bulb $120-180 averaging $150 say.
Iirc good for 10k hours.
But I was buying those adjustawings cmh kits for $380 pre covid

I'm not an anti-ledder or anything,
I had a serious look few months back.
Hard to beat a 315w cmh for $$ spent esp if U go a cheaper setup.

Seen plenty good led grows
Yeah all good.
If LEDs last the claimed 50k hours thats 5 bulbs at $150 ya could buy 2 of the lights pikey put up just for ya bulbs alone mate.
Electricity costs would be less but not much but still a difference of 55w.
I bought my lights because they have fully interchangeable parts and a quantum board that supposed to last 50k hours costs $120.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
Well... with thanks to my sponsor Insomnia! I did a bit of digging last night & discovered that the light is actually an Alibaba job. Still looks good, but is to be had a fair bit cheaper from our comrades at the PRC! 🇨🇳 Though that would mean I'd have to yell a whole lot louder to cover the distance if it went to shit & I had to ask for my money back :unsure:

Anyway, here's the stats:
Crazy Farmer.png
Details.png
PAR Map.jpg
Spectrum.jpg

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
fake hlgs endorsed by porky 🤣
I told him to get more specs before he bought anything.
Clearly your to much of stupid cunt to know what the word endorsed means.
I suppose you have been locked inside and forced to fuck ya mother for years so we shouldn’t expect much from ya.

T

thecannakid

ur the stupid cunt who saw a TEAL heat sink and immediately assumed it was a hlg b-spec lol fucken dc. i mean u sounded pretty confident about it to me? lol
That is their blue series. Its supposed to be for veg but it says it 3500k which is good for flowing as well.

y dont u keep ur misinformation 2 urself? u have just pointed out again that u dont know shit about lights. nd i thought u said blue spectrum makes a light inferior? still waiting 4 ur sagely response on that pearler.
I told him to get more specs before he bought anything.
Clearly your to much of stupid cunt to know what the word endorsed means.
I suppose you have been locked inside and forced to fuck ya mother for years so we shouldn’t expect much from ya.
sif im gonna get into an argument about the definition of "endorsed" with an uneducated low iq piece of shit like u. save ur "educating" for ur kids, they gonna turn out real well lol. or just use google like oz does u fw lol

verb
past tense: endorsed; past participle: endorsed
  1. 1.
    declare one's public approval or support of.
    "the report was endorsed by the college"

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
ur the stupid cunt who saw a TEAL heat sink and immediately assumed it was a hlg b-spec lol fucken dc. i mean u sounded pretty confident about it to me? lol

y dont u keep ur misinformation 2 urself? u have just pointed out again that u dont know shit about lights. nd i thought u said blue spectrum makes a light inferior? still waiting 4 ur sagely response on that pearler.

sif im gonna get into an argument about the definition of "endorsed" with an uneducated low iq piece of shit like u. save ur "educating" for ur kids, they gonna turn out real well lol. or just use google like oz does u fw lol

verb
past tense: endorsed; past participle: endorsed
  1. 1.
    declare one's public approval or support of.
    "the report was endorsed by the college"
Ohh look we have a closet intellectual to show us the way. 😂😂
Your a fuckin DC plain and simple.
I didn’t see anyone asking for your advice did I genius and I never told anyone to buy anything I told them to look into it further.
So no endorsement from me idiot.
I don’t live on the internet researching lights all day like you do cause I’m not locked inside by me mother all day.
I know your jealous because your a poor cunt and can’t afford decent lights so you know every detail of Chinese knock off on the market.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
fake hlgs endorsed by porky 🤣

To be fair, it was @Porky 's comments and advice to get the spectrum table that lead me to look into it further. I asked for an opinion & that's what I was given... simples.

Don't get me wrong though, as a grumpy ol bastard myself, I do enjoy the vitriolic hate here.🍿

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
To be fair, it was @Porky 's comments and advice to get the spectrum table that lead me to look into it further. I asked for an opinion & that's what I was given... simples.

Don't get me wrong though, as a grumpy ol bastard myself, I do enjoy the vitriolic hate here.🍿
All good mate we all know he’s just an annoying little fuck wit with with nothing to contribute.

Top Bottom