SST Experiment.

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
(Posting this here, mods please move somewhere else if you want it somewhere else).

I've got started with the wheat SST.

After looking around it seems that any relatively fast growing seed will suffice .. barley, wheat, alfalfa, corn etc.
There is some variation in how well they work with individual levels and stuff, corn has good cytokinins for example....

But for this I will be sprouting my own wheat and buying some brew malt to use as the barley variant.
It's probably a shit time to start growing tomatoes so going to go with Asian winter greens, book Choi from seed.. or just do tomatoes anyways and fuck the season 🤷🏻‍♂️..

I've figured I will have 7 grows going (this is open to change, so PLEASE say what you'd like to see, without it ending up like 12 grows ..)

The variations being
1. Control. Just potting soil.
2. Fresh wheat SST in starting soil only.
3. Frozen wheat SST top dress at start & every week.
4. Lactic ferment wheat SST every week
5. malted (brewing) barley SST in starting soil only
6. malted (brewing) barley SST top dress at start and every week.
7. Sun dried bulk wheat SST top dress every week

For the control and base soil, I figure the cheapest pottng mix at Bunnings. No other amendments will be used.

Im unsure if some of these variations are redundant... Like having it in the starting soil.. if the standard SOP to use it weekly anyways? If so, no point in having it at the start only as a test?

I think the freezing it into cubes and using throughout is useful (I've seen multiple thread comments about freezing to store it, so it's a 'done' thing and makes it a hell of a lot easier than having a continuous cycle of sprouting and using if sprouting your own in bulk...)

Either way . Let me know. Got a good few days before any of this is ready, and the lactic ferment is a few weeks off.... So that kind of throws that out of it all being consistent anyways.... But that's more for shits and giggles, it's more work (well it's not that much more work, just not within a week ready..)..

Anyways, post your thoughts.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

missrachael

Vegetating
User ID
Well it took me a few searches but finally found out what SST in a cannabis context means (Singapore Standard Time nor Sea Surface Temperature seemed right)......such a cool experiment, good on you!

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Well it took me a few searches but finally found out what SST in a cannabis context means (Singapore Standard Time nor Sea Surface Temperature seemed right)......such a cool experiment, good on you!
I wanted to laugh react solely for sea surface temperature (it could be relevant if growing on a boat when the world ends I guess), but you know how reacts can be viewed as passive aggressive lol.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
What timely application would you suggest to include?
once i got on to malted seeds the idea of sprouting them seemed like way to much effort
then the idea of grinding the malted seed & adding to water seemed not as much effort
then when you start just top dressing malted barley powder that's not allot of effort at all

so i was using malted barley monthly as a top dress in veg & was using the same in flower
but using malted rye instead of barley

Top Bottom