Spine-tastic Shenanigans

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
couple of folks already growing cacti so thought I’d give em go too

picked up some peyote seeds (Lophophora williamsii var. Decipiens) and mixed random variety of others (Lophophora koehresii)

20A9D7FA-391A-448B-BF02-7253C6E08DE9.jpeg

got a couple of 750ml takeaway containers and the missus had the cacti/succulent soil handy, added perlite to half fill 2 containers, mix felt wet enough cause soil had been kept outside, then nuked em in the microwave for 4 min

FE8C7517-99E7-478F-899C-DEE46FFEF512.jpeg

let rest for couple of hours before putting most of the peyote in one container and the mix seeds in the other

B107E956-C5F1-40CD-9809-6B2C27EBAF54.jpeg

seeds are tiny so not entirely sure they were covered effectively but gave em a spray with bottled water, closed the lids and wrapped them in clingfilm to encourage the cat to leave them alone and now they’re under a wee usb light with the temp a comfy 26c so wait and see what happens

EA0BAE8C-FD26-4BE1-9B0C-EFCDC87DC2DB.jpeg

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
couple of folks already growing cacti so thought I’d give em go too

picked up some peyote seeds (Lophophora williamsii var. Decipiens) and mixed random variety of others (Lophophora koehresii)

View attachment 46881

got a couple of 750ml takeaway containers and the missus had the cacti/succulent soil handy, added perlite to half fill 2 containers, mix felt wet enough cause soil had been kept outside, then nuked em in the microwave for 4 min

View attachment 46882

let rest for couple of hours before putting most of the peyote in one container and the mix seeds in the other

View attachment 46883

seeds are tiny so not entirely sure they were covered effectively but gave em a spray with bottled water, closed the lids and wrapped them in clingfilm to encourage the cat to leave them alone and now they’re under a wee usb light with the temp a comfy 26c so wait and see what happens

View attachment 46884
Good luck mate. Though lophs are a long game lol
I’m about to put another order in with these guys too actually.

Reactions: Orb

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
thanks Aye I don’t expect frequent updates

i was a bit surprised to find out how big they get given they’re going to take a while!

what r u planning on growing?

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
thanks Aye I don’t expect frequent updates

i was a bit surprised to find out how big they get given they’re going to take a while!

what r u planning on growing?
I have some LW var. Menchaca
But I think I’ll grab a mixed pack of lophs this time. I also have heaps of columnar cacti like pachs and bridgeii’s to sow.

Reactions: Orb

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
But I think I’ll grab a mixed pack of lophs this time. I also have heaps of columnar cacti like pachs and bridgeii’s to sow.
do u grow the LW internally or have u had them survive winters here outside?

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Just letting you know if the Bridgesii you got are the Bolivian Torches the germ rate will probably be really bad. I did about 30 and only got 4 that sprouted (ozcactus), the pachanoi however was great though, I swear I got close to 100% germination.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
do u grow the LW internally or have u had them survive winters here outside?
Only inside
And so far I’ve killed the first batch of them.
And I had a few little one I had bought grafted. But they developed rot. I tried to save them but didn’t work.

Top Bottom