Sharing a grow tent?

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
While I’m waiting on beans to arrive, my missus was keen to put a couple of tomato plants and other edible flowers that were on our balcony, into the new grow tent.

Beyond the missus wanting to take over me entire setup, are there any other risks growing these things prior to or even while weed is growing in the same 4x2 tent? Thinking of things like insects maybe?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
While I’m waiting on beans to arrive, my missus was keen to put a couple of tomato plants and other edible flowers that were on our balcony, into the new grow tent.

Beyond the missus wanting to take over me entire setup, are there any other risks growing these things prior to or even while weed is growing in the same 4x2 tent? Thinking of things like insects maybe?
Yeah pests can come in. I wouldn't recommend it!!

RidingOnwards

Vegetating
User ID
I read in past somewhere 🤷‍♂️ that tomatoes are good “companion” plants in a tent and apparently as they finish they give off some gas that is meant to improve cannabis finishing…

I have zero proof or experience of this and open to criticism…

Orb

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I read in past somewhere 🤷‍♂️ that tomatoes are good “companion” plants in a tent and apparently as they finish they give off some gas that is meant to improve cannabis finishing…

I have zero proof or experience of this and open to criticism…
Fuck it mate not risking it, based on the earlier replies they will be thrown back onto the balcony tomorrow!!

Sticky67

Curing
User ID
The risks outweigh the rewards mate for sharing a tent with any other plant especially ones from outside whether it's a vegy plant or a marijuana plant because there's to many pests,bacteria, fungus that will cause you so many sleepless nights mate..Start with a clean really clean environment and try to let nothing but your clean self enter 🤣👍 but seriously bugs and crap love dope plants outside and love inside plants even more. Stay safe bro. And yeah you are right about some plants being good companion plants but it's primarily for outside. ☮️👍

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
See I’m actually going to start companion planting. If you plant herbs like dill, coriander and mint they will deter mites
Maybe a marigold and some nasturtiums too. Depends on how much room you have.

I’m going to put two canna plants, dill, chamomile and 2 strawberries in the one planter and see how they go.

Top Bottom