SEEDS???

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
As sad as it is to admit I’m running baggie seeds of unknown origins for my first real attempt to grow. The quality and amount of bud is unimportant this time anyway I’ve never grown a plant thru it’s full life cycle before so it’s all learning. I’d like to get some real seeds of real quality strains to try and grow but they’re so expensive and hard to order having an extension criminal history, no fake address and no idea about crypto. My set up is very basic and so are my growing skills atm and at $50+ A seed I’d be scared to put it in the dirt. Maybe I’m just too bloody pov to grow mull in 2024. Anyone suggest any good local sources or is it all overseas

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
There's a few local places still. Quite a few on Instagram but most of the stuff is quite expensive. Yantra, Madcanna and Candyjarexotics are legit (have some stuff from candy which I haven't tried yet but it's basically just pollen chucks from Canada). I haven't purchased from Madcanna but it's legit and expensive (Ethos, Dutch Passion, Barney's Farm, Blimburn etc). Yantras stuff is white label seedsman

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
If u hang around here long enough and become a paid member. u can actually win great genetics right here. T.S.E runs comps here monthly and most of time all u gotta do is pick a number
So the more u post on here, once a certain no., ure in like Flynn......[into the draw that is]
Just dont pick no. 13

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
If u hang around here long enough and become a paid member. u can actually win great genetics right here. T.S.E runs comps here monthly and most of time all u gotta do is pick a number
So the more u post on here, once a certain no., ure in like Flynn......[into the draw that is]
Just dont pick no. 13
Or 6

:p

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Just dont pick no. 13

Yep, this, but @Sedge is almost weekly now.

Hudo

Baked
User ID
As sad as it is to admit I’m running baggie seeds of unknown origins for my first real attempt to grow. The quality and amount of bud is unimportant this time anyway I’ve never grown a plant thru it’s full life cycle before so it’s all learning. I’d like to get some real seeds of real quality strains to try and grow but they’re so expensive and hard to order having an extension criminal history, no fake address and no idea about crypto. My set up is very basic and so are my growing skills atm and at $50+ A seed I’d be scared to put it in the dirt. Maybe I’m just too bloody pov to grow mull in 2024. Anyone suggest any good local sources or is it all overseas
Pay a membership fee and win some

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
There's a few local places still. Quite a few on Instagram but most of the stuff is quite expensive. Yantra, Madcanna and Candyjarexotics are legit (have some stuff from candy which I haven't tried yet but it's basically just pollen chucks from Canada). I haven't purchased from Madcanna but it's legit and expensive (Ethos, Dutch Passion, Barney's Farm, Blimburn etc). Yantras stuff is white label seedsman
Cheers bro

LOAF

Germinating
Community Member
User ID
Just dont pick no. 13
Thanks bob

SAW

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Hey LOAF
You’re a bit contradictory there bud, saying quality and quantity unimportant, then at the same time wanting quality.
As stated you’ve never really grown I’d suggest commercial seed could be a waste at this stage.
I’d suggest bag seeds a perfect place to start, to learn and hone an understanding of cultivation. Being Autumn go for pots, not the cheapest potting mix and then a simple not too “hot” general fertiliser. Tomato’s are the most comparative plants. These days most aspects of life are over complicated by knowledge, the internet, online forums, YouTube etc. KISS still applies. Keep It Simple Stupid. Dirt, container, water, sunlight, nutrients and love. At this stage you’re learning. Getting to a point of consuming your own will be considered an excellent success.
I understand your apprehension due to your history. Be warned that will increase once you are growing, doubly so if doing so whilst consuming weed.
Best of luck.

Stiritup420

Vegetating
User ID
One thing i have learnt is to not to overcomplicate it.

You don't need to spend a lot and i found over 30 years that simple always works best. There is a lot of marketing and bullshit along with a lot of hearsay. I started in 1994 with a hydroponic setup which cost me a months wages at the time. I tried Aero and dwc, coco etc but for me organic and simple is the best, easiest and cheapest.

Quality/quantity is important, you cant grow a shit strain good but you can grow a good strain shit. Nothing worse than months of time, effort and risk for disappointment.

Seed won't cost you $50 but I would rather spend $50 on the best seed and $10 on medium and ferts than the other way around.

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
Along with what others have said - my thoughts are that it is good to learn the basics before you start going hard with money seeking improvements. Cannabis is a fairly easy one to grow, and you become familiar with it quick. If you have some bag seed then these are fine to practice with - and it's quite likely you'll get some decent bud in the end. Then, once you've got a groove and familiarity, then start spending money.

For years I got by with a stash of seed that my father had built up over his years. I don't know when the stash started, maybe as far back as the 70s. Nothing labelled, just a canister which has been in the fridge since I was a little tacker. Sure, you had to sex them and not all of them were amazing but it served us well for many years. It's how a lot of people got/get by - I've got a friend of my dads who still does it this way

Last edited:

Stiritup420

Vegetating
User ID
Along with what others have said - my thoughts are that it is good to learn the basics before you start going hard with money seeking improvements. Cannabis is a fairly easy one to grow, and you familiar with it quick. If you have some bag seed then these are fine to practice with - and it's quite likely you'll get some decent bud in the end. Then, once you've got a grove and familiarity, then start spending money.

For years I got by with a stash of seed that my father had built up over his years. I don't know when the stash started, maybe as far back as the 70s. Nothing labelled, just a canister which has been in the fridge since I was a little tacker. Sure, you had to sex them and not all of them were amazing but it served us well for many years. It's how a lot of people got/get by - I've got a friend of my dads who still does it this way
Yeah, my first grow was bag seed and was unreal, all fems. Think i was lucky though because have tried several other bag seeds and was junk or hermie every time. Back in the 70's and 80's it was all outdoor, Reg seeds were king and bag seed was good. Sinsemilla was a premium product then. Pollination mostly came from true males. Hermaphrodite was just a word we started hearing when fem seed started to show up.

Much more indoor now, no males in grow rooms so pollination is dodgy. If all options are gone then its worth a gamble though.

Top Bottom