Saving Gelato

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
DA174203-A7A5-4D39-B810-F01095598EB2.jpeg
Got home to find some slimy invertebrate cunt has chewed the stem of my Gelato Fem that I had started for the summer season.
The stem was really dry and it was only a matter of time before the whole plant dried out 😔 I went down to the local hydro store and got a couple of Smart Garden starter cubes. I cut the victim off where it was still green and soft, dipped it in clonex and made a smaller hole a bit off to the side of the standard hole and shoved her in.
B6AC29D3-70C1-4A95-B7AF-2D81A72B3285.jpeg
I’ve stuck her in a humidity dome with a light spray of water. What do you think my chances are? Any pointers are much appreciated.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Our thoughts are with u my son

Should be ok should'nt it ?

Just like making a clone outta a very,very,very young plant

Anyways, we all should make every effort 2 save magnificent Gelato....[and bash fuk outta slug

responsible]

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
Our thoughts are with u my son

Should be ok should'nt it ?

Just like making a clone outta a very,very,very young plant

Anyways, we all should make every effort 2 save magnificent Gelato....[and bash fuk outta slug

responsible]
Haha I’ll post progress on her recovery / demise

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
should be right.. good time to be cloning with the warm weather.

Give it time, let the cube get light before gently dipping it in a bit of water.... wait till roots poke out the bottom. my last ones took a few weeks, but it was cool weather and outdoors.

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
Thanks Billy, gives me a lot more confidence that she’ll pull through. I had some cuttings of a jade plant that sat doing nothing all winter and now they’re taking off 😎

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
IMG_7220.JPG
Thanks everyone for sending positive energy when she was so fragile, a bit over 3 weeks later & Gelato is definitely back in the game. She's in some used water-only soil from a previous run that probably needs some re-ammending and possibly why she's looking a bit pale so I'll give her some liquid fertiliser & see how that goes :love:

Billygoat

Staff member
Community Member
User ID
haha... for some reason i thought the original plant ended up surviving....

Quokk@

Vegetating
User ID
haha... for some reason i thought the original plant ended up surviving....
Well I fucked up there Billy, apologies mate, was re-reading this thread and you are right haha.

This started when Gelato was just a little seedling. A snail or slug has chewed the stem and pretty much ring barked her.
I snipped her off and chucked her in a rock wool cube. She re-rooted and slowly bounced back.
I guess she was a cutting of sorts :unsure:
EB70556E-3DA5-41FB-895E-11EDBDE3E15B.jpeg
Going nice now.

Top Bottom