Runoff ph and ppm

Meds4cancer

Vegetating
User ID
Just checked my run off mid flower, ph is 6.0 ๐Ÿ‘ ppm is 1800 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ the plant is flourishing should I be concerned? Or is the plant just not taking up the nutrients because itโ€™s not needed? Any help is appreciated! Cheers big ears ๐Ÿ‘‚

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Love to grow

Foot man
User ID
I
Just checked my run off mid flower, ph is 6.0 ๐Ÿ‘ ppm is 1800 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ the plant is flourishing should I be concerned? Or is the plant just not taking up the nutrients because itโ€™s not needed? Any help is appreciated! Cheers big ears ๐Ÿ‘‚
If ya leaf tips start burning up then itโ€™s to much if not ya golden๐Ÿ‘ it is high though ph is perfect for flower I run 5.5-5.8 in veg then 6.0-6.2 in flower so your sweet with ph ๐Ÿ‘

Meds4cancer

Vegetating
User ID
I

If ya leaf tips start burning up then itโ€™s to much if not ya golden๐Ÿ‘ it is high though ph is perfect for flower I run 5.5-5.8 in veg then 6.0-6.2 in flower so your sweet with ph ๐Ÿ‘
Yeah all good. Just confirming my thoughts so I can trust it for future grows. No doubt some very small tip burns only on some leaf ๐Ÿ so all good. Flush today and run 750-800ppm and test again next week

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
1800ppm is that 1.8 ec? I think it's pretty spot on mate ๐Ÿค™the old truncheon almost shit itself in my last run at one point it was off the scale.. I reckon you're on track.

Meds4cancer

Vegetating
User ID
Pl
1800ppm is that 1.8 ec? I think it's pretty spot on mate ๐Ÿค™the old truncheon almost shit itself in my last run at one point it was off the scale.. I reckon you're on track
Yeah i flushed it and got it down so should be good. Plant is healthy thatโ€™s all that matters

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
It depends on a number of factors - what is your feed in EC, medium, fertigation frequency, etc.

As a rule in coco I am happy if the EC runs higher than the feed, up to around 0.4 above feed in EC. Above that I get concerned, but usually just modify the fertigation frequency (irrigate longer than I am or increase events).

But I agree with what others have said about monitoring the plants for response - that is always key. I did see someone sharing a poster from new research suggestion a feed in EC of 4.0 was desirable during veg, which is double the EC I run even when pushing things. So it also in part depends on your feed solution mix also.

In general though - don't use one data point. Monitor run off over several events and assess.

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
It depends on a number of factors - what is your feed in EC, medium, fertigation frequency, etc.

As a rule in coco I am happy if the EC runs higher than the feed, up to around 0.4 above feed in EC. Above that I get concerned, but usually just modify the fertigation frequency (irrigate longer than I am or increase events).

But I agree with what others have said about monitoring the plants for response - that is always key. I did see someone sharing a poster from new research suggestion a feed in EC of 4.0 was desirable during veg, which is double the EC I run even when pushing things. So it also in part depends on your feed solution mix also.

In general though - don't use one data point. Monitor run off over several events and assess.
There sure is a lot of different opinions and I often find myself second guessing the amount of nutes I use. I always wanted to try Athena so that's what I'm using at the moment and I do follow their feed charts but with about half the power of their recommendation of 2.6 EC (in peak flower).

Right now I'm feeding 1.6 week 4 flower and I don't want to push it much higher but I still wonder if I should be following their chart precisely.

Can I ask how much run off you aim for because I've seen many different suggestions I'm not entirely sure what to believe.

Attachments

• Blended Feed Schedule_Metric.pdf
    110.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

ED-209

Blooming
User ID
There sure is a lot of different opinions and I often find myself second guessing the amount of nutes I use. I always wanted to try Athena so that's what I'm using at the moment and I do follow their feed charts but with about half the power of their recommendation of 2.6 EC (in peak flower).

Right now I'm feeding 1.6 week 4 flower and I don't want to push it much higher but I still wonder if I should be following their chart precisely.

Can I ask how much run off you aim for because I've seen many different suggestions I'm not entirely sure what to believe.

Yeah different nutrient mixes will give different EC targets. It isn't necessarily the EC that burns the plants if in excess, but whichever nutrient which is in excess and impact of pH. That said, you still have an upper limit of total salts somewhere. I think it's like a lot of things for growers - we'd all like to base our actions on absolute numbers, but those numbers aren't directly comparable without considering other variables - ie, the more light, water and CO2 you give, the more nutrients they'll take.

The poster I saw indicated with Hoogland solution, an EC of 4.0 was best during veg and I think around 2.0 during bloom. Which makes sense given different metabolic demands of each stage of growth and relevant nutrient usage/requirements. I run Lucas and rarely top over 1.8EC throughout all phases. Works well for me - or well enough.

As for runoff - I follow the 10-15% rule, but do high frequency fertigation, so often run on the lower side at 10%. Mostly just make sure there is *some* runoff but I don't measure the exact volume. I check EC every week or so just to be sure it isn't going too wacky. I usually start with x3 waterings per day and adjust from there during growth as to increasing so EC doesn't spike in runoff. I don't do full drybacks to minimise EC and pH swings in coco.

When I run out of liquid nutrients, I'm keen to switch to the Front Row AG gear. Things might change when I do so compared to Lucas - as it is, I think I run slightly conservative than others might. But I'm only small scale for myself, and I'm OK with it

Top Bottom