Roses

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Does anyone use flower nutes for their roses?

Treat it like liquid fertilizer?
Or might aswell just use regular fertiliser from Bunnings, not sure if hydro nutes are more concentrated or what or if there would be a benefit. Just had a thought during my morning coffee.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
I wouldn't waste liquid nutes on roses but for sure it would work.. got 2 pink ones in my backyard and in the 20 years or so of being there they have never been fed.. I think one time I threw some all purpose pellets on them but they are very tough and bloom regardless. I think they like extra iron so most rose nutrients have extra. No need for me as the dogs snap big logs off up around them, they are fed offal and other raw meats everyday so it would be rich in iron, leaves are never yellow always nice and dark green 🐶💩🌹

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
I figured it would be an expensive use of the nutes lol.
The house we bought last year has some very old roses out the front we were going to remove... But decided against it, cared for them and added irrigation and they're come up awesome and now we're adding more.
Will save the liquid for the other plants and just use the (helluva lot) cheaper bunnos flowering ferts for these 👍20230410_090641.jpg20230410_090705.jpg20230410_090649.jpg20230509_163629.jpg

Attachments

• 20230419_172725.jpg
    20230419_172725.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 3

Bushburn

Germinating
User ID
Prune in winter, feed and mulch in spring, summer and early autumn and don't be afraid to pick low on the stem leaving only a couple of nodes. Prune all year and look out for disease and mites / bugs
Don't waste money on liquid fertilizer, use high quality granular like Neutrog sudden impact and pelletized manure. Water often and deep in warm weather/ summer. Grow weed in the same way it works well, trust me.😉

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Prune in winter, feed and mulch in spring, summer and early autumn and don't be afraid to pick low on the stem leaving only a couple of nodes. Prune all year and look out for disease and mites / bugs
Don't waste money on liquid fertilizer, use high quality granular like Neutrog sudden impact and pelletized manure. Water often and deep in warm weather/ summer. Grow weed in the same way it works well, trust me.😉
Yeah, sudden impact seems to be the most recommended.
I've been using seamungus and gogo juice on stuff to get some humic and microbes into the garden so will probably use that in combo as well. Might splash out on some neutrog whoflungdung mulch for just the roses to mulch.
I've just added another 4 to the area (4th is Granada) they'll look tiny compared to the older ones for a few years lol. Dug in a load of manure into the clay soil before planting.
20230708_172833.jpg

Beil

Blooming
Community Member
User ID
Finally got some sudden impact. The soluble version so I can just add it with the drippers via the Venturi to the roses and fruit trees.
Could I use this for the flowering ladies too?
20231111_150238.jpg20231111_150234.jpg

Top Bottom