Rip Snorter 400 (w.i.p.)

Indy

Misfit
User ID
More to come..

RS400_01.jpg

Righto, for a while now i've been mulling over the idea of a cabinet that might best suit me. What i forgot to factor in was the amount of time it would take to construct it. I'm probably about half way through it and roughly tipped about a 100-150 hours into it already due to the way i piss around.

Anyway, some key factors that have gone into RS400's design..

* It must fit through most standard doorway's, as it'll be on castors so it can be moved around. So i think the maximum width is going to end up around 750mm. Another bonus with this width is that it's about arms length, so every section of the cab is in easy reach.

* The intial light setup i'm going with is a Lumatek 400W digital ballast, on a Jupiter ll Light Mover which will track back 'n forth over a metre. Extraction fan is a Blauberg Turbo 200.

* Intial grow setup will probably be a dual RDWC 32 litre buckets, with res outside of the cabinet and utilising a old bar fridge for a chiller for cooling, and a 100w aquarium heater when required. The growth will be trained through either one or two screen depending if the second is required for squishing down sativa dom strains. Fortunately the screen size comes in about 1.2sqm, so it'lk be interesting to see if a 400w HPS can fill and maintain that size screen, i'm guessing i'm pushing the boundaries in that regard.

Oh well, that's all i've got to offer up for now. I'll fill youse in some more as i progress with it.. ;)

Last edited:

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Dotts

HPS turncoat
Community Member
User ID
nice Indy! nothing like abit of stoner ingenuity!

best to take out a patent on this one 😃

ill be tagin along for the ride..

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Nice work mate. It looks very heavy would 1 person be able ti move it around easily??

Truehighlandstoner

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
User ID
Look awsome I would have one at my house just a heads up some doors are 720 don't want ya to build it and not be able to get it where you want

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Nice work mate. It looks very heavy would 1 person be able ti move it around easily??

Yeah, she's going to have some weight to her, which is why shes going on 8 50mm castors rated at 50kg each. Some folks might have to put their shoulder into it to move her around. 😁

Indy

Misfit
User ID
nice Indy! nothing like abit of stoner ingenuity!

best to take out a patent on this one 😃

ill be tagin along for the ride..

Good stuff, mate. (y)

Must admit, been giving the old patent idea some thought. Then again, that stuff crosses my mind with most stuff i design 'n build, yet do nothing about it. Migt get burnt one day.. :sneaky:

Indy

Misfit
User ID
20mm RHS by the looks of it - heavy, but built like a brick shithouse.

I've always wanted to build a decent setup but with coolroom panels. The heat issues with tents give me the shits.

Close, 25mm rhs.. a mix of 2.0mm 'n 2.5mm gauge.

Yup a coolroom setup would be nice, even got enough panels to do something but not practical for me at the moment.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Nah, keep getting snowed under with other jobs.

Come hell or high water, i want it fired up by March though. Just not worth pursuing at the moment over the Summer months as i'll only be battling the heat with a RDWC system.

Once i've got a winter grow under the belt, i'm happy to tackle a Summer grow. But kicking off during the Summer isn't that appealing to me.

regal1

Vegetating
User ID
yeh know the feel with not enough time and putting things aside and struggling to get back to them and then one day finding 10 years got behind me, no one told me when to run, missed the stupid starting gun.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Me too I run and I run to catch up to the sun but it's sinking🌥✌🏻
Indy would it be possible to hinge (folding style) two opposing walls so you could fit through all doorways .
Cut and shut with hinges?
Looks good, what you lining it with?

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yeah, doorways won't be such a problem anymore as it'll be going into a shed, and the problem being the footings for that shed is still a week or two away from being poured. So once the shed is constructed, it'll be full steam ahead back into the cab.

As for the walls, external wall is going to be 5mm ply and fibro for internal wall. Going to pack some insulation in between (anticon) the two. (y)

Top Bottom