Recommended extraction fans

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
So I'm getting ready for autumn/winter and the allvent 6inch extraction fan I've been running for the last five years has carked it. Looking to upgrade and for my space (2.2mx3.6m x 2.2m high) thinking a bigger fan is needed anyway. What brands do you recommend for price, noise, air movement and longevity?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I use a can fan max pro 200mm. Fuckin great fan but very noisy. I had to get a speed controller to quiet it down.
Mate has a mountain air same size silent version and it’s very quiet and just as good. I need a new150mm intake fan and I think I’ll get the mountain air.

D

Deleted member cpr

So I'm getting ready for autumn/winter and the allvent 6inch extraction fan I've been running for the last five years has carked it. Looking to upgrade and for my space (2.2mx3.6m x 2.2m high) thinking a bigger fan is needed anyway. What brands do you recommend for price, noise, air movement and longevity?
I'd run at least a 250mm in that space. More likely I'd grab a 315mm monster and a huge filter to go with it, 315 are fucking loud though. Ive used can fans and blaubergs, both are good.

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Noise is definitely an issue so will be looking into the more silenced end of things and will run acoustic ducting

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
I even find it beneficial to run twin extraction points in my 2.4x1.2x2.

I run 2 blauberg turbo g 150s mated to 2x mountain air 0620s.

Overkill perhaps bit they both just run at idle usually, I found some inconsistencies with a single extraction point.

Very quiet with Dacron and the built on thermostat.

Max fan 150 a very good fan also.

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
I even find it beneficial to run twin extraction points in my 2.4x1.2x2.

I run 2 blauberg turbo g 150s mated to 2x mountain air 0620s.

Overkill perhaps bit they both just run at idle usually, I found some inconsistencies with a single extraction point.

Very quiet with Dacron and the built on thermostat.

Max fan 150 a very good fan also.
This could be a good option as I already have 6 inch wall duct in and a 6inch fresh c.filter which is pretty new still so would just need to buy 2 fans and a filter. How do you silence the fans with Dacron please Carbcon? Thanks for the advice everyone, much appreciated

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
The Dacron is a type of ducting. Twin walls with fibreglass type stuff the meat in the sandwich.

Quieter than single wall ducting.

Saw some ducting with a smooth inner before, that would've good too.

I run short lengths that exit after a smooth radius 90deg bend.

2 things I don't like.

I feel the scale should go above 30c on the built in blauberg thermos.

I also feel the kick in speed should be adjustable.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
my blauberg carked it after like 1 year of use, pretty disappointing. I've got a 125mm can fan that i use for my drying tent that is about 8 years old now.

I'm using a large phresh fan, super quiet and powerful, haven't had it for all that long but running well.

If you want to deal with noise from the fan oversize it and jsut turn it down.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
One of my canfans is ten years old and still working fine ,,
actually hardly ever turned of ..but was off for about six months in 2019..

Mangrove_Jackson

Germinating
User ID
The Dacron is a type of ducting. Twin walls with fibreglass type stuff the meat in the sandwich.

Quieter than single wall ducting.

Saw some ducting with a smooth inner before, that would've good too.

I run short lengths that exit after a smooth radius 90deg bend.

2 things I don't like.

I feel the scale should go above 30c on the built in blauberg thermos.

I also feel the kick in speed should be adjustable.
Do you feel like the insulated ducting makes a big difference? And do you use the plastic angle pieces to bend the ducting or just bend and tie in place as and where you need?

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
That's interesting Frank, nothing is 100% I guess.

I feel the Dacron stuff makes a difference yes.

Proper routing will be better for any duct type.
Nice constant radius required. No I don't use any props for this.

Maybe a loose strap or zip tie depending how fan is mounted. Top hatch tent zip holds the end.
The Dacron stuff is thicker than. Stock stuff so need a touch more space to make the turn it I literally use maybe 7-800mmof ducting per fan

D

Deleted member cpr

Yeh, as I said was disappointing as I really liked my blauberg. But everytime I plug the fan in now, it makes a buzzing sound like its trying to spin the fan but nothing happens.
Hmmmm, im no sparky but my gut says replace the capacitor.

Mellow oldfark

Trichome Enthusiast
User ID
Many different places for blauberg so always a cheaper option for one if your cash strapped ,from Cheapies to big movers.
Beware of fakes!✌

Top Bottom