Quietest Inline Silenced Fan

mlg

Vegetating
User ID
Searching for a new inline silenced fan. Have seen on hydro experts the inline silenced fans and can see phresh and mountain air both at similar prices. Are these 2 pretty much the same? I cant seen any comparison vids on yt. Any tips on which one is good? A quiet setup is what I'm after.
Cheers,
mlg.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
AC Infinity. Don't need to talk up their fans and controllers. The shit just works and damn near covers every parameter a grower would ever want.

EDIT: Think I got a S6 fan (6"), hooked up to a controller 67, and that done my 1.5m x 1.5m x 2.2m grow tent and still had some boogie to spare. Very quiet fan until you turn up to 7/10' but by then you're moving a lot of air. Between 4 and 6 during the last grow was ample enough.

Last edited:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Searching for a new inline silenced fan. Have seen on hydro experts the inline silenced fans and can see phresh and mountain air both at similar prices. Are these 2 pretty much the same? I cant seen any comparison vids on yt. Any tips on which one is good? A quiet setup is what I'm after.
Cheers,
mlg.
I've got 2 mountain air 150mms. Supposedly the quietest on the market.
Think AC fans are a bit cheaper though!!

Indy

Misfit
User ID
I’m going to grab the 67 controller soon too.
That's where the fan combo really kicks in, and broadens your options. Once you get your head around how it works ( pretty straight forward), it'll blow you away.

Don't quote me on this. But I'd hold off until they bring the "WiFi" controller on board. Because the current controllers connect via Bluetooth that only has a range of about 120ft. And if my understanding is correct, the wifi one should allow to you to monitor/adjust the fan from anywhere once connected to your home network (via the AC:I app).

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
That's where the fan combo really kicks in, and broadens your options. Once you get your head around how it works ( pretty straight forward), it'll blow you away.

Don't quote me on this. But I'd hold off until they bring the "WiFi" controller on board. Because the current controllers connect via Bluetooth that only has a range of about 120ft. And if my understanding is correct, the wifi one should allow to you to monitor/adjust the fan from anywhere once connected to your home network (via the AC:I app).
I ideally wanted a 67/69 controller paired AC T6 fan for my room and to hook up the cloudray to it as well, but decided against it as my blue tooth/wifi camera never got any signal out through the thick 60mm foil foam lining the room presumed I'd struggle with any signal regardless.

I settled for a Presh 150mm. Tiny footprint takes up fuck all room. Its relatively quiet and moves more than enough air for my 4 x 2, but only up to speed 3! I dial it up to 4 late flower, and if it were not in the garden shed up in the back corner of the yard it would be too loud.

Turning it up higher than 4 though, and it starts to roar like a jet engine. On max, its unsettling. Combine that motor screaming with the sound of way too much air being being moved, Feels cataclysmic.

If I ever build a bigger room, (its in the plans) Id get a 200mm fan, run it low keeping it quiet and lasting longer.
The 4 or 5 inch phresh fans would be useless I reckon.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Yeah, I had my doubts about the the strength of the Bluetooth signal as well. But it does as they stated. My grow is within another building 36m away and I can still monitor and alter the settings. With the WiFi controllers that should offer that option anywhere within the country.

I haven't pushed this fan yet, had it up to 9 momentarily once but backed it off because it looked as if the Gorilla tent was going to collapse in on itself. That was pulling through 2x 10" inlets (2.5m long), and a 800 x 200 carbon scrubber venting straight into roof cavity.

Aye Shroomer

Baked
User ID
I bought a few 67's and now I'm kinda wishing I'd got the 69's with the ability to run 4 devices
That’s my dilemma. It’s on sale atm and I don’t have the cloudray yet. But running 1x S6 and 1x cloudray will work ok in my set up.

But then I don’t have the option of upgrading more equipment if I only grab the 67.

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
That’s my dilemma. It’s on sale atm and I don’t have the cloudray yet. But running 1x S6 and 1x cloudray will work ok in my set up.

But then I don’t have the option of upgrading more equipment if I only grab the 67.
You know what'll happen bud just as your 67 arrives those WiFi controllers will turn up in Australia 🤣🤣

Them darn mericans!!

Top Bottom