Preferred Auto seeds germination techniques

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
I have been having a very hard time getting any of the auto seeds I have to grow
I can get them to crack revealing the tap root but thats about as far as they get before eventually dying off.
I doubt it's the seeds bcoz my photo strains are coming up fine so you more experienced and accomplished auto flowering plant growers....
what are your preferred methods for getting autoflowers up and off to a good start as that part is integral for these type of plants to get any thing worthwile from the grow. Thanks in Advance (y)

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Buzzo

Vegetating
User ID
Wet Paper towel in a Plastic Bag in the Cupboard above the Fridge.
When tail is about 1 or 2 cm long stick tail first in wet Coco.
Water lightly when first placed and then leave until day 4 and water again with light Nutes as required. I start off with no less than 1.0 to 1.2 E.C.
Been doing it pretty much the same way for more than a decade and very rare to get Damping off.
Maybe 1 in 20.
What are you growing in?

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Wet Paper towel in a Plastic Bag in the Cupboard above the Fridge.
When tail is about 1 or 2 cm long stick tail first in wet Coco.
Water lightly when first placed and then leave until day 4 and water again with light Nutes as required. I start off with no less than 1.0 to 1.2 E.C.
Been doing it pretty much the same way for more than a decade and very rare to get Damping off.
Maybe 1 in 20.
What are you growing in?
soil mate

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
If ure growing in soil i'd suggest raising ure ph to 6.4 and lowering e.c to nearly nothing
Soil has it's own e.c value so until ure beans poke their heads through, just plain water
Especially with autos as can be tempermental little ferks when it comes 2 nutes
If u were in coco then Buzzo's on the money
And buy ureself a spray bottle, gotta watch out 4 damping off spec in soil

vostok

Blooming
User ID
I have been having a very hard time getting any of the auto seeds I have to grow
I can get them to crack revealing the tap root but thats about as far as they get before eventually dying off.
I doubt it's the seeds bcoz my photo strains are coming up fine so you more experienced and accomplished auto flowering plant growers....
what are your preferred methods for getting autoflowers up and off to a good start as that part is integral for these type of plants to get any thing worthwile from the grow. Thanks in Advance (y)
I like the song and dance routine I go thru with every grow start,
I get the seeds from my freezer
I insert to a jar lined with medium sandpaper and shake for 10-30 secs]
I insert the seeds into a mix of clean water and aloe vera solution
I let them rest 3-8 hours depends on age SEEDS CAN DROWN!

and once sunk extract to a warm wet kitchen towel,
on my heater box controlled by a stc1000 temp controller set at 25c

once the radicles/tails are 25mm plus long
I insert to a rooter or a 4 inch grow cup and light soil
then back to a temp controller and heater box for 7-21 days and a 25w cfl

cheers

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
from clackamascoot:

mostly cloning but not only cloning , Aloe Vera (y)
Aloe Vera: Salicylic acid is a plant compound which has been used as a rooting agent for over 120 years in the nursery industry. This is the compound that's found in Willow trees which you might have run across in posts on rooting a cuttings

mostly cloning but not only cloning , Kelp Tea (y)
Kelp: Kelp contains the natural forms of rooting compounds that you find in commercial products, compounds like Indole-3-acetic acid (IAA), Indole-3-butyric acid (IBA), 4-Chloroindole-3-acetic acid and Phenylacetic acid which are auxins (hormones - all auxins are hormones but not all hormones are auxins). These compounds perform different functions as far as facilitating root development, i.e. IAA creates the actual root sites on the cutting's shaft whereas IBA causes root elongation. All of these are in soluble form and are in an organic form vs. the versions found in Clonex, Dip-n-Grow, , whatever.

Germination & helps plant uptake whatever is added with it , Fulvic Acid (y)
Fulvic acid is a catalyst of enzymes , among other things, enzymes are at the heart of seed germination , germination begins when enzymes are activated

For starting old seeds of any type, soaking them in a fulvic acid solution should give you a much higher rate of germination.

If you're going to be starting seeds you want to mix BioAg Ful Power ( fulvic ) @ 1 - 100 ratio then soak your seeds until they crack and you can see the beginnings of the emerging tap-root. Only use fulvic acid and nothing else. This sets the entire stage for higher yield potential.

Top Bottom