Power outages

Bear777

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
We get the odd power outages here, that can last up to maybe 5 hours. Is a one off outage enough of a change that could start a transition from veg to flower, or should it take a more repeated cycle to happen. What about air flow, how long before the air in a tent is going to be going stale, any ideas? Suppose I had already been looking for some sort of generator to use at the house in these times, for fridge/freezer, but I hadn't thought about how an indoor grow would be affected. Any tips on how to deal with outages.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

ozzy420

Germinating
User ID
The odd blackout here and there shouldent affect the plants and with air flow just open the door now and then and give it a bit of a fan if you are worried about it, the biggest issue with a black out is when in flower as the smell can travel a long way with out smell control.

The longest i have been with out power was over 2 days wile i was in a big flood and it dident cause any issues at the time i was only in veg if i was in flower it wold of been a lil difrent...

Last edited:

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
We get the odd power outages here, that can last up to maybe 5 hours. Is a one off outage enough of a change that could start a transition from veg to flower, or should it take a more repeated cycle to happen. What about air flow, how long before the air in a tent is going to be going stale, any ideas? Suppose I had already been looking for some sort of generator to use at the house in these times, for fridge/freezer, but I hadn't thought about how an indoor grow would be affected. Any tips on how to deal with outages.
No, a power outage or 2 for a day or so, shouldn't be a problem. I don't have a back up in place to deal with a power outage, as not that common at my place. You only need to consider back up/generator if you have frequent and regular outages at your place. Or running rdwc.

benn0

Baked
User ID
Are you on a mini grid and expecting power outages or is there warnings of power outages this summer?

Bear777

Vegetating
Community Member
User ID
Are you on a mini grid and expecting power outages or is there warnings of power outages this summer?
The side of the street were on gets more blackouts than across the road, and the houses behind us get effected the same for a few blocks, don't know why

Top Bottom