Post ya Barneys Farm Strain reviews

HGO

Plant of the Month - Sep,2020.
Community Member
User ID
Despite Barneys getting a bit of bad rep lately due to hermies I have grown some of their strains and will rate them from the results I got

*Pineapple Chunk Fem
Have grown this variety 3 times now Once indoors and twice Outside
Plants can get Big with large cola's but is susceptable to Bud rot mid-late flower
Good Yields after 9-10 weeks of flowering
Very smelly and all three had a spoilt fruit/ cheesey flavour Mostly Indica like High
IMG_5964.JPG
IMG_5972 (2).JPG

*Red Diesel Fem
My favourite from Barneys so far , simply because of the lingering Diesel and Citrus flavours it's Very tastey!!
grown once indoors and did a reveg outdoors
yields ok Tastes incredible and not too bad a smoke could be stronger tho
IMG_1798.JPG

*Pink Kush
Grown once indoors
wasn't huge yielding but the buds were rock hard pink inside and glorious to smoke in the evenings
Couch lock and Dry Mouth stuff
IMG_1471.JPG

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

puggle6

Baked
User ID
I grew their Malana Bomb

was a stout plant, good dense buds that smelled of peppermint and coffee, not super frosty or sticky as you would think hash plants should be?

smoked up nice but a bit of rubber aftertaste

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
Liberty haze I have, has the most unique and interesting (atleast to me) terp profile. That has certainly become a keeper for me. The smell is incredibly loud, full citrus burst on the nose. The only citrus strains i have experienced are full on lemon, with some leaning towards the fuelly/chemical side other i ahve done is lemon skunk which was as the name implies sweet lemon and straight skunk mashed together. this is completely different to those types, To me the best i can explain the smell is if you picked a fresh absolutely ripe citrus off a tree(I am gonna say lime, but honestly I can't imagine what a lime smells like as I do not have much experience with em lol although taht is what is in the breeders description) cut it open mixed it with a touch of pine. I really wish I was good with explaining smells, as this stuff literally puts a huge smile on my face from the smell alone, never had a strain that could do that. Don't even need to smoke it lol

The high is clear daytime smoke, I do get a bit of a hit with the paranoia if I have one cone too many of it tho but i am not that great with sativas anyway, i guess this isn't even a crazy sativa being a 9 weeker. lets me smell em more anyway. I plan to keep this pheno for a while to come.
20200702_142012.jpg

Tropicanna Bannana. bit of the opposite to the liberty haze as the high is much more up my alley being indica dom, this stuff is frosted and strong. Leaves your fingers greasy after handling the buds.

The smell is super strong, but i do not like it all, it is that lemon fuel but mixed with earthy tones in a bad way (atleast in my opinion) makes it the last bud I want to reach for.
20200717_092838.jpg

Richcomingfromyou

Vegetating
User ID
Grown a bit of Barney farms. Got given a heap of free seed packs. Like too Fucking many.

Pineapple chunk: liked this strain since I first tried it several years ago. Grown it out, pretty susceptible to fungal issues not just bud rot. No hermi for me but this one is often reported as hermi out mid grow.

Acapulco gold. Not Acapulco gold. Pretty Indica looking plants. Not worth growing, very ordinary.

Peyote critical: reminded me a bit of a watered down peyote and tasted more like critical. Decent.

Aya purple: loads of folk who smoked it rate it. However they smoke crud so whatever. Decent, good resistance, nice high, strong for Barney.

Dr Grinspoon. Quake x big bud. Face palm. Wish I'd never bothered to germinate any of the 10 pack I was gifted. The pic on their web page is quaze and it's mid hermaphrodite banana drop. This was x to big bud... Dr grinspoon a new level of pointless hype.

Some decent stuff but nothing amazing. Chucker of chuckers Barney farm. Opportunist breeding and chucking at its finest. Breed those hermi plants... So much easier vs reversal.

Richcomingfromyou

Vegetating
User ID
I'd forgotten the liberty haze I smoked in the dam several years ago. That was actually good. Nice citrus taste like mandarin leaves crushed, Slight astringent chemical type note, sweet as well. Got around a lot in Paris. Thanks Frank.

I like pineapple chunk and the liberty haze I smoked in Europe.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
I'd forgotten the liberty haze I smoked in the dam several years ago. That was actually good. Nice citrus taste like mandarin leaves crushed, Slight astringent chemical type note, sweet as well. Got around a lot in Paris. Thanks Frank.

I like pineapple chunk and the liberty haze I smoked in Europe.

Yeh mate, i don't see myself getting rid of the liberty haze pheno I have for a while, at least willingly lol Really good yeilder too, solid buds.

There was an OSA member years ago with a very good LSD pheno, i think it leaned towards the mazar side, super earthy, pungent. Another member with a great cheesy, fruity pineapple chunk pheno tried both of em at a meetup. Gonna give both those strains a try in the future, i did have herm issues with myrecent pineapple chunk attempt which was part light leak issues.

Richcomingfromyou

Vegetating
User ID
Yeah I just don't bother anymore. Like the only seed banks that have consistently rocked my world: rare dankness and cali connect. Every time, every seed I've grown, which have been many, just destroys you. Minus their la cookies, affie and la confidential. The rest destroy. Cali connects og lines utter fire.

Rare dankness: OMG!! Raskal was good but flash in the pan vs Mr raredank. Like I could grow rare dank next to my own shit all day and not complain.

frankreynolds

Curing
User ID
i've read good and bad things online about all breeders, i'm happy to try different stuff. in the end what I like may be completely different to someone else.

I have a perfect small basement area i once had dreams of setting up a small tissue culture setup for my cacti propagation I was doing. Has become even bigger dream since getting back into growing canna, imagine how many cuts you could keep and pick out like a library.

Deleted Account

Germinating
User ID
Barneys Blue Cheese was my keeper for years, couldn't find anything that would compete.

Have grown Pineapple Chunk and Red Dragon and they were ok, nothing too special.

Just popped a pack of Pineapple Chunk and Pink Kush, see how they go.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yup, all photos, probs 3 yrs old, and yep gotta pull carboard apart with foil backing
Pretty sure real deal

Top Bottom