Pollen chuck question…

Kneeko

Blooming
User ID
If I wanted a reg Drunken Bastard auto.. and threw Male photoperiod DB cum over say a Duck’s foot auto.

Selected from leaf shape and auto flowering tendencies at 18hrs over 4 or so back crosses.

Whats the likelyhood of achieving a DB-ish reg auto ?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Learn about using the Punnet Square.

Without backcrossing you’ll probably get all autos after the third generation.
Then you need to stabilise the Auto phenos ,,selecting for
height , smell ,yield etc. Backcrossing after this stage may help speed things up.

The above is to the best of my knowledge,

Goonie Goat

Curing
Community Member
User ID
7east states that the ABC mutation was 'fully stable' at the F2 generation but that was from another ABC variation IBL (inbred) (Subterfuge) which is at F19 generation. Since they crossed with other strains to F3 (which still has other variations ie smells/structure etc although the mutant trait is locked in), If you were to cross it being a hybrid/polyhybrid it is, the resulting generations may not be so easy to isolate those traits (mutant leaf/purple bud) as quickly because the hidden traits of the plant it was crossed with (Sangria) will probably start showing up through some generations. Take my advice with a grain of salt though (I was never good at biology class) but i think that's why they use interbred/landrace in crosses (pineapple chunk/hashplant/lemon haze/Neville's haze, landrace Thai and Afghani etc) etc as they are interbred lines that will be dominant through the generations, easier selections. Correct me if I'm wrong 😂!

Fatsacks

Germinating
User ID
Learn about using the Punnet Square.

Without backcrossing you’ll probably get all autos after the third generation.
Then you need to stabilise the Auto phenos ,,selecting for
height , smell ,yield etc. Backcrossing after this stage may help speed things up.

The above is to the best of my knowledge,
Hey this guy gets it, punnet squares. Add into that some statistics and you are creating replicatable results.

Fatsacks

Germinating
User ID
If you were to cross it being a hybrid/polyhybrid it is, the resulting generations may not be so easy to isolate those traits (mutant leaf/purple bud) as quickly because the hidden traits of the plant it was crossed with
You're post has a lot in it to unpack and there heaps of questions of in there let me start with this bit. Yep I think you're right here although, I also think if someone is up to an F19 that have have forgotten why they even started and are looking for something totally new. Alright ok though, If you're chasing some particular traits in a plant it's easy enough to chase it down and isolate it within a couple of generations. Now though, seed will NEVER come true to form. There maybe a change that you don't realise such as water use, pest resilience, leaf blade thickness any number of things. Best bet is that you combine the things that you love about plant enough times that you get what you're looking for nearly all of the time. Woooo

Fatsacks

Germinating
User ID
If I wanted a reg Drunken Bastard auto.. and threw Male photoperiod DB cum over say a Duck’s foot auto.

Selected from leaf shape and auto flowering tendencies at 18hrs over 4 or so back crosses.

Whats the likelyhood of achieving a DB-ish reg auto ?
Punnet squares and a population of 30 would mean you will get 4 of your desired results. If you didnt 4 you start again with 30 until your get your 4 desired results. take those 4 rinse and repeat until you get 4 8 16 20 24 28 you will never hit 30 and you will never hit 100% but 28 out of 30 aint bad.
That my friend is stable

Pikey

Baked
User ID
It will be a lengthy process. You won't get any auto offspring from your initial cross of photo x auto, but you will see roughly 25% auto offspring from the crossing of their f1s. From there you can start you selection, but locking down both leaf mutation and auto dominance could take a lot of work.

In the mean time Rocbud has already done all the hard work for ya with their Auto Purple Bastard Eater 🤷‍♂️.

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
It will be a lengthy process. You won't get any auto offspring from your initial cross of photo x auto, but you will see roughly 25% auto offspring from the crossing of their f1s. From there you can start you selection, but locking down both leaf mutation and auto dominance could take a lot of work.

In the mean time Rocbud has already done all the hard work for ya with their Auto Purple Bastard Eater 🤷‍♂️.
To much N will make it hermie!
I've been hearing this a lot lately on the US forums!
Can't seem to find any evidence just heaps of bro science!! 🤔
Must say most of the time I've had hermies I don't think they were heavy on the N.
Last 2 grows for me were both N heavy and no hermies!

Pikey

Baked
User ID
To much N will make it hermie!
I've been hearing this a lot lately on the US forums!
Can't seem to find any evidence just heaps of bro science!! 🤔
Must say most of the time I've had hermies I don't think they were heavy on the N.
Last 2 grows for me were both N heavy and no hermies!
Yeah, seems like a bit of a cop out for questionable breeding practices :unsure:. Rocbud generally has a good reputation, but has also faced their share of controversy in the past.

Hybri-tech's "Autobastard 1.0" would be a better option, but I haven't seen it available for some time 🤷‍♂️.

Top Bottom