Plz help, i cant stop f#*kin up.!

Ladybug

Germinating
User ID
Hi peeps🙃 i really need some advice plzzzz.. so 3weeks ago yesterday i fliped my gorrilla glue. Im useing 2 of the electric skys 300 in a 4x4. So anyways, every few days i was turning my lights up (i know, im an IDIOT lol) n was wondering y im not gettin an stretch considering these ladys r ment ta be pritty big plants.. so iv been reserching for days now n just foundout ... yer yer, ya shouldnt turn ya lights up till week 5 of flower, n do it gradually than to make shoure you dont get to 100% till the last week of flower or thay will starve n start praying n ull need to put extra light in.. i had mine on 75% by the end of week 2 OF FLOWER🤦‍♀️ I JUST WANNA CRY😭
Iv turned tha lights down 2day, but now im thinkin that prob wasnt the best thing to do as now thay ARE prayin, plz has any body been in this situation and been able to still pull through.? Any advice would be much appreciated.. i cant belive i got this far n messed up this bad lol, if i didnt hav bad luck id hav no luck at all haha🤣 tia

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now
D

Deleted member cpr

By the sounds something isn't right but I don't think its because your lights are too bright. Lots of light is good. Im a bit confused though, pics would help

Ladybug

Germinating
User ID
Heres the pics

Attachments

• 20210103_132706.jpg
    20210103_132706.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20210103_132648.jpg
    20210103_132648.jpg
    390.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210103_132623.jpg
    20210103_132623.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20210103_132542.jpg
    20210103_132542.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 20210103_132524.jpg
    20210103_132524.jpg
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 50

Ladybug

Germinating
User ID
By the sounds something isn't right but I don't think its because your lights are too bright. Lots of light is good. Im a bit confused though, pics would help
So i just put pics up, there week 3 of flower and most tops r only about 53cm, sum are bigger, but most of em round that. Do u think there stunted.? Will turnin down tha light make things worse.?

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
All that stuff about light you have read and posted is utter shit and who ever wrote it has no idea. Ya plants look healthy maybe a little N hungry but other than that they look fine. The praying as you call it is a sign the plants are happy and growing well. Fuck where ever your getting your information from clearly and idiot and you need to stop reading their shit immediately. If ya want bigger plants ya need to veg em for longer.

You may have other problems with your medium or you environment as to why your plants are slow when veging but just blaming lights will get you no where.
What are you feeding them and how often.
Whats ya temps and humidity.
What are they growing in.
Youn not the idiot your just reading the wrong internet shit.

Postman pat

Curing
User ID
Id say to late for much more stretch to happen but id agree with porkster turn the lights up not down, only reason to run them soft is if your worried about power or your getting bleaching of the leaves.

Id say most likey reason they didn't stretch much is either because they were stressed (transplanted to final pots too close to the flip?) or temps/humidity was too low. Ive a mate who run peyote critical in winter from flip they grew maybe 6 inches, come summer same setup they've stretched near 3 foot this run, massive plants.

D

Deleted member cpr

Don't panic there's plenty of ounces to be had from those plants if all goes well from here on. They look alright, well done.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Yep I agree with porky , praying is good not bad
Lights should be on full now
The process you refer regarding your lights is used when raising seedlings not for mature plants
Some strains are a little lighter in colour naturally
Some strains don't stretch that much , others do
Sativas stretch more than indica leaning strains
As porky said they may be a little hungry
Who ever is giving you that advice is a fool

Carbcon

Curing
User ID
Praying.

Some kinda nod to a person on bent knee, gazing up at their lord.

Angles kinda similar.

The plant actually needs the light and it affects it positively. It's required for the real processes that happen inside the plant. Physical photosynthetic processes.

Yeah it's like praying.....
If we prayed to the Sun....

Cut to QOTSA "My God is the Sun"

BAM!

Plants look good

Last edited:

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
My general rule of thumb is not to flip until the plant is growing at least 2-3cm a day. This happens at the 4-5 week mark by 6 weeks they should be booming. If you do this you'll end up with full sized plants, indoor outdoor, doesn't matter what medium.

Aside from the red spectrum associated with HPS I think stretch is bit of a myth. They spend 4-6 weeks setting up in early veg, then they hit full veg, whatever they grow per day in full veg they just continue to do until flower sets.

drgreenthumb

All time Shittest Trimmer.
User ID
Whats spectrum are the lights? Guessing they are LED. I There is heavy blue over the red it will stop them stretching, Also things like heavy silica if you adding it will stunt them.

They look fine.

As porky said that garbage about not turn the lights up is just a ridiculous piece of advice wherever you got that from, Just change the hanging height if you see a problem with too much light.

drgreenthumb

All time Shittest Trimmer.
User ID
Probably a strong chance you flipped them too early and weren't ready for it.

The Spectrum is definitely not a myth, Have played around with the spectrum on the cali works LED and the difference is massive. Also it's Exactly the reason why HPS is used for flower instead of MH

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
It's well know that red causes stretch, red in the atmosphere comes from the distance the sun needs to travel through the atmosphere. Spring and autumn more red.

Try light dep with sun grown plants and see what happens.

Raniformis

Curing
User ID
You'll have to forgive me drgreenthumbs, im an anally retentive fart 🤣 no apologies for curtness though.

I've recorded everything light deprived for two seasons and they just continue to grow whatever they're doing each day until bud sets. Some strains go 3cm some 5cm other close to 10cm. But this is just a point of interest, apart from some sats that do a big late bolt there's no real stretch.20210103_223801.jpg

Top Bottom