Ph Down

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Interesting HGO, never had much to do with it, its not needed in Hydro IMO ? used it once and didn't like the result, THC sillycar
probably did it wrong lol
but I might give it a go on half me inside outside plants, see if it makes any difference to them, bugs and pathagens

@ joe Don't use floraform PH liquid tester, it shows the wrong PH, its .5 higher than the Hygen shows
I swapped to the Hygen, plants look heap[s better
I'm gonna drop it out on the next res change, will be getting close to flower time anyway. Dirty rotten stunc Flairform!! That's poor form. I did notice a difference with my digital ph pen so re calibrated it and it showed the same difference!! Last product I ever buy from that company. Maybe they make the ph seem higher so people dont realise their ph down is faarked also.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Joe Dirte

Curing
User ID
Well the plants are still growing and looking lush just gotta check ph and adjust about three times a day with the vinegar so far. Will definitely do a res change as soon as I get more phosphoric acid

AlienOG

Seedling
User ID
I had the same issue with Flairform PH down - My PH would rise from 5.8 to 6.2 in just 30 mins.. total nightmare. I worked out the problem with Flairform is its Citiric acid based (which I specifically chose because its organic), basically citric acid is too weak to hold the PH down - This page explains it nicely (https://scienceinhydroponics.com/2020/05/a-guide-to-different-ph-down-options-in-hydroponics.html)

Hygen and Cyco are both Phosphoric acid, I'm using Hygen now and my PH rises 0.1 in 24 hours now, sooo much better.

And also agree you should definitely add silica first and let it fully dissolve for at least a few mins before adding A+B + whatever else.

Top Bottom