Ph always goes back to tap ph after a short time. Help!

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Hi, first timer here having some troubles with my ph, everytime I ph my tap water to 6.3 I aerate and leave it over night, when I re test it the following day it’s always back at the tap water ph 7.8-8 am I doing. Something wrong or is the tap water here got some sort of none soluble chemicals in it? I’ve even brought a different ph down to test that but it still does the same thing. 🤷‍♂️
How big is this container? Reason I ask, I have 100L bin (with a aerator). that i prep water in, and the pH will still creep up over time.

Most water I've used usually spikes up out of range anywhere between 3-7 days. So it's not something I have to keep a check on regularly. Usually it's one of those things I check every couple days. That said, I will check my RDWC reservor daily.

Why I mention that is it wouldn't be good seeing you stressing out about it, and freaking out trying to make adjustments every couple of hours.

Meds4cancer

Vegetating
User ID
How big is this container? Reason I ask, I have 100L bin (with a aerator). that i prep water in, and the pH will still creep up over time.

Most water I've used usually spikes up out of range anywhere between 3-7 days. So it's not something I have to keep a check on regularly. Usually it's one of those things I check every couple days. That said, I will check my RDWC reservor daily.

Why I mention that is it wouldn't be good seeing you stressing out about it, and freaking out trying to make adjustments every couple of hours.
That’s exactly what I did at the beginning. Just put those seedlings outside as they stunted. I think it’s the aerator 99% sure, I’ll check again in the morning and will have the result. The ph would change within a couple of hours.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Okay, all I could suggest is try and stand some water over a few days and check and adjust daily to see if you can stabilise it. That's a hell of a swing over a couple of hours

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Your aerator is increasing the pH of your water overnight. My aero cloner does the same thing. Why do you need to aerate the water and set it overnight? If you need to aerate it overnight for some reason, can you aerate at high ph level, and simply adjust the pH immediately before using(next day)?

Meds4cancer

Vegetating
User ID
Your aerator is increasing the pH of your water overnight. My aero cloner does the same thing. Why do you need to aerate the water and set it overnight? If you need to aerate it overnight for some reason, can you aerate at high ph level, and simply adjust the pH immediately before using(next day)?
That’s the plan now. Crazy how fast it changes ph when aerator is running maybe the stone who knows. I’ve got it sorted now thanks to some well knowledgeable people here 🤙

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
That’s the plan now. Crazy how fast it changes ph when aerator is running maybe the stone who knows. I’ve got it sorted now thanks to some well knowledgeable people here 🤙
Why are you aerating the water at all? If it's safe enough for human consumption, it's good enough for your plants

Meds4cancer

Vegetating
User ID
Why are you aerating the water at all? If it's safe enough for human consumption, it's good enough for your plants
Was informed by a good mate and great grower that aerating helps plants grow bigger and stronger. Trusted that and still do. But I’ll mix my nutrient's and aerate for 12-24hrs and then ph and feed.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Was informed by a good mate and great grower that aerating helps plants grow bigger and stronger. Trusted that and still do. But I’ll mix my nutrient's and aerate for 12-24hrs and then ph and feed.
It's not necessary. No need to aerate the water unless it's not drinkable. Add nutrients first, and pH last, not the other way around.

Top Bottom