Pests

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Stackr

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I'm pretty sure they were eggs, I was hoping someone would identify them.
The two long skinny things beside them are the hatched caterpillars.
If I have a yellow sticky card unused I'll place it in with the plants to see what turns up.

Stackr

Baked
Community Member
User ID
if you poke them with a toothpick do you get any movement ?
I removed them and the leaf and destroyed them yesterday.
I had a look around the other bean plants, and there are holes that have been eaten on some of the leaves, but I couldn't find any caterpillars at all. Couldn't find any eggs as well.
There are a lot of black birds frequent the garden, so I guess they might clean up the caterpillars when they get bigger.

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Everything Supa healthy
Except being eaten alive (theirs always that)
Pretty sure not a virus or bad weather ect…… gonna build a shelter between 2 palm trees and load slug 🐌 gun (don’t have palm trees 🌴 but got slug gun)
just like in that movie where they trying to build a railroad in Africa
“The ghost and the darkness “…..cept don’t have a train 🚂 3B0BB7F8-BDED-48B6-A4AA-22C87C98A61F.jpeg01DED5CC-5839-449A-BD96-F05DD11055AA.jpegD4445396-B27B-488D-A72A-0E68BDAC6651.jpegBB2E8BFE-F9A1-40E3-9227-BB1067FD0A66.jpeg

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Ok so looks like Pixie might have been on to it
I’ve noticed a few tips on new growth (what’s left) turning a bit brown, I wonder if the tips and fins fish meal has reacted with something or put too much in
I’ve already flushed em and now bottom leaves are hungry….really clueless I am

ITCHY WHERE R U ??959C66B4-D323-4C0F-BB1B-2681CACAE9FF.jpeg59CFD079-78BA-4871-B9D2-A2C9C580C52F.jpegFB54FC16-4526-4CF0-AAA8-E323A47A2005.jpeg6C6CE721-E73C-42BC-8229-F6299E67910B.jpeg

Pixie

Baked
User ID
Have you tried this stuff Bob . I swear by this stuff mate keeps my ones healthy and keeps the pests down to a minimum as well. I know that it might sound like crazy shit but foliar spraying with this might help . 👍17050442750233658825524331784749.jpg

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
Look very carefully into the new growth , as best you can look into where the new leaves are coming out , try gently pulling apart that new oval / ball of new leaves , your looking for a very tiny little black bug that hides in that new growth area

Not ruling out something in the soil but start there first & see what you find

Be carful with flushing because you could create more problems by over watering on top of whatever issue you have

afghan bob

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah bottom leaves goin yellow already from flush
Does tiny black bug survive repeated neem, eco neem, dipel and soap wash ?
Plants are still streching like crazy and pretty healthy despite being attacked by something
Will put under micro 2moz
Thanks Sultan

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
Often sprays need to have direct contact with the pest to kill them , some hiding spots are hard to get spray in , even though you feel you’ve sprayed everywhere

It’s a good sign the plants look healthy means whatever it was that caused the issue has moved on or the plant has moved them on , this is why in soil I always harp on about plant health is first priority with plant nutrition a distant second

Keep an eye on new growth if it’s looking good & plant keeps its healthy look you should be fine

Top Bottom