Pending site change

Indy

Misfit
User ID
This one will test your memory. Winfield bought out a few different packets over the years. There was the classical Red, Blue and Green (Menthol). Then there was two different "White" packets, that had either a Red or Blue band on them.

Then there was one more coloured packet, that i think they done away with before the 80's lobbed. What colour were they?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Indy

Misfit
User ID
Was that the all maroon packs ?
Hmmm, i might've overlooked that one. But nah, not Maroon, mate.

Interesting thing back in the day, each State 'n Territory would set the amount of Tax applied to a packet. And under Sir Joh, we had the cheapest tax in the country on them. So much so, that a few shady folks figured out there was a tidy profit to be had by heading up to QLD with a truck, load up, and head back to either NSW or VIC to re-sell them at a price to under cut the going rate in each state. That was until the word got out, and everyone was trying to cash in on it, it got to the point that coppers started working together eirther side of the border, in an attempt to stamp it out. It was only when Joh was ousted that Labor soon bumped up the tax to follow suite with the other States that it was shut down..

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Fucking tobacco industry did just what the fossil fuel industry is doing now with paid liars, fake science and massive government lobbying!!
What a fucking useless habit!! If I'm guna smoke something I want something in return other than lung cancer!!
Glad I never took it up!!

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
first smokes i was stealing from my parents were dads Benson & Hedges Special Filter or mums Alpines
i remember thinking the JPS John Player Special's black pack were pretty cool as a kid
but yeah shocking habit @Porky , glad i don't have to find the money to buy them now though , they'd send you broke

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
first smokes i was stealing from my parents were dads Benson & Hedges Special Filter or mums Alpines
i remember thinking the JPS John Player Special's black pack were pretty cool as a kid
but yeah shocking habit @Porky , glad i don't have to find the money to buy them now though , they'd send you broke
I got a mate that is a part owner of a very large Australia wide construction company and hes loaded and smokes between 40 to 50 a day!! Cunt stinks constantly!! I asked what he spends a week on em and he reckons about he spends about $400 to $450 a week on em!!
He drinks Jim beam premix cans like water and his wife reckons he drinks about 60 cans of that a week that comes to about $350! 🤣

VinDeezle

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I got a mate that is a part owner of a very large Australia wide construction company and hes loaded and smokes between 40 to 50 a day!! Cunt stinks constantly!! I asked what he spends a week on em and he reckons about he spends about $400 to $450 a week on em!!
He drinks Jim beam premix cans like water and his wife reckons he drinks about 60 cans of that a week that comes to about $350! 🤣
Thats just ludicrous. I've got a few mates like that and all they do is complain about how hard it is to make ends meet here lol.

I suggest not spending $1k a week on ciggies and pokies and it's always the same response..."I don't work hard to live like I'm in a third world country".

Strange. I didn't realise not spending at least grand a week on ciggies, booze and gambling was the quantifier for third world living. Spend $500 a week, pfft, may as well live in Somalia.

itchybro

Sultan Of Soil
User ID
wow that's unbelievable , smokes , coca cola & alcohol , he's definitely not planning to live a long life that's for sure

Madmick

Baked
User ID
wow that's unbelievable , smokes , coca cola & alcohol , he's definitely not planning to live a long life that's for sure
You serious itchy , the ultimate lifestyle lol

I got bottles of Jim beam black etc , but I'm a lazy cunt so I drink the premix

$50 cash back in cans every 3 months, you do the maths

But I only smoke on the boat or long trips in car , or on piss at club now

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
Thats just ludicrous. I've got a few mates like that and all they do is complain about how hard it is to make ends meet here lol.

I suggest not spending $1k a week on ciggies and pokies and it's always the same response..."I don't work hard to live like I'm in a third world country".

Strange. I didn't realise not spending at least grand a week on ciggies, booze and gambling was the quantifier for third world living.
My mate is a multi millionaire so he just laughs when he mentions it!!
If ya mates are putting their money in pokies they deserve to be broke!!
Anyone who touches those things is a fucking idiot!!
I remember years ago when there was a machine call Queen of the Nile!!
A mate had a win on it of fuck all after putting probably above $500 through it and it just laughed and said the that machine should be called the Queen of denial!! Cause your in fucking denial if you think you just had a win ya dumb cunt!! 🤣

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
I’m an alcohol ( recovering / 10+ years sober) and my health is shit from my drinking days.
Just had a foot of intestines cut out, chronic pancreatitis, nerve damage due to malnutrition from malabsorption issues. All booze related.
Not counting divorce, loss of job and home.

No idea how much cash I drank away but a litre of vodka and half a dozen schooners of beer a day wouldn’t have been cheap.

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Uncle lived a couple of doors away when I was a kid ,,I used to love to go to the milk bar to get his smokes ,and lollies with the change ,,
Either “Craven A” or “Turf “cork tipped ,,
Cork tipped were called that as there was no filter in them .

by memory they were about or equivalent to 46 cents ,,but that Was before decimal currency.
It’s all changed now ,,those smokes aren’t around anymore ,
matter of fact ,neither are dinosaurs.

Top Bottom