Options for Veg Light

krazykatz69

Blooming
User ID
I have just ordered a tent to Veg clones until they reach about 1 foot before moving them to the flowering tent.
The tent is 120w * 90d * 150h I am looking for ideas as to what would be a good light for that space - any ideas would be appreciated.
I have a starlight T5 * 2 tubes which is 110w - would this be suitable for this space?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Anoma

Resident Celebrity
Community Member
User ID
Noob alert but those dimensions sound like the wardrobe I was putting my plants in at night time, I had 2 x 130W CFLs and I could swear they were growing at least a half decent rate while I was sleeping.

So in saying that I'm sure they'd be fine for clones if you only need to get them to 1 foot. They might take a bit longer because it's a weak wattage but you gotta play with the tools you have unless you're willing to buy more.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
I have just ordered a tent to Veg clones until they reach about 1 foot before moving them to the flowering tent.
The tent is 120w * 90d * 150h I am looking for ideas as to what would be a good light for that space - any ideas would be appreciated.
I have a starlight T5 * 2 tubes which is 110w - would this be suitable for this space?
Agree with anoma. That light is sufficient for that space of you don’t want to buy something else.

drgreenthumb

All time Shittest Trimmer.
User ID
the hortitek Growsabar Seem to work pretty good for early Veg, Only took them to a few nodes so not sure how they would go with plants that height but i'm sure they'd be right. Not a bad price and can get all different lengths. No heat at all out of them

Deleted Account

Germinating
User ID
Agree with anoma. That light is sufficient for that space of you don’t want to buy something else.
Maybe for seedlings and rooting clones, but if you want to actually veg some healthy strong plants I would double that and put 4 tubes in there.
the hortitek Growsabar Seem to work pretty good for early Veg, Only took them to a few nodes so not sure how they would go with plants that height but i'm sure they'd be right. Not a bad price and can get all different lengths. No heat at all out of them
Have one of these for supplemental light, would work as a suitable replacement for fluro tubes and use a little less power. They also do a flower and veg spectrum.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Maybe for seedlings and rooting clones, but if you want to actually veg some healthy strong plants I would double that and put 4 tubes in there.

Have one of these for supplemental light, would work as a suitable replacement for fluro tubes and use a little less power. They also do a flower and veg spectrum.

I’ve vegged almost the same space with a 2 bulb t5, currently using 70w of led strips. Worked fine

krazykatz69

Blooming
User ID
Thanks Guys :)
I will have a crack with what I have and if that doesn't seem to do the job will have a look at the Growsaber or the Mars.

drgreenthumb

All time Shittest Trimmer.
User ID

Yea would actually be interesting to see if they could do flower, be a cheap grow if ya could.

I used 2 growth 3ft ones on herbs and salad stuff in the laundry and they worked spot on. Think they’re only 30w each.

Deleted Account

Germinating
User ID
Yea would actually be interesting to see if they could do flower, be a cheap grow if ya could.

I used 2 growth 3ft ones on herbs and salad stuff in the laundry and they worked spot on. Think they’re only 30w each.
I took the diffusing cover off mine, alot brighter now haha. I have the flower spectrum on the walls of my room as side lighting, definately increases size of some of the lower bud, doesn't bleach the buds like my other LM301B "Budder Bar" 80w side lighting so not as strong as them.

Deleted Account

Germinating
User ID
I’ve vegged almost the same space with a 2 bulb t5, currently using 70w of led strips. Worked fine
70w of LED for 12 square feet of grow area...? Must be some strong as fuck plants....

Be much better off adding some more light for that size area.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
70w of LED for 12 square feet of grow area...? Must be some strong as fuck plants....

Be much better off adding some more light for that size area.
My veg space is slightly smaller (0.9x0.8) but yeah about 70-100w. Not saying his light is perfect but it’d veg out the plants he wants to the size he wants them no issues

Deleted Account

Germinating
User ID
My veg space is slightly smaller (0.9x0.8) but yeah about 70-100w. Not saying his light is perfect but it’d veg out the plants he wants to the size he wants them no issues
Yes agree that it will veg plants to 1ft, but they won't be the strongest. If that is going to be his veg room, and then he transitions them straight to flower from there like he has stated, he would be alot better off adding some more light.

If was just rooting clones or pre-veg then would be fine but I'm guessing he wants strong squat plants to flower.

D

Deleted member cpr

Yes agree that it will veg plants to 1ft, but they won't be the strongest. If that is going to be his veg room, and then he transitions them straight to flower from there like he has stated, he would be alot better off adding some more light.

If was just rooting clones or pre-veg then would be fine but I'm guessing he wants strong squat plants to flower.
True that. More light for the win.

The light you've got will work but you'll get more buds if you veg them brighter.

Top Bottom