North Lakes man grew his own 1.5m plant to save money on medicinal marijuana

Indy

Misfit
User ID
A North Lakes man has been sentenced for producing dangerous drugs after a search of his home.
Unnamed man 25, pleaded guilty in the Pine Rivers Magistrate Court on Tuesday, April 12 after police discovered a 1.5m cannabis pot plant growing in his home on January 24.

Police searched a North Lakes home where they discovered the 1.5m cannabis plant in an insulated tent, along with a lead to an aircon unit and a humidifier.

The court heard Millar told police the property was his and he used it to grow his own plant.

The court heard Mr Millar was currently using cannabis to treat his nerve pain, anxiety and depression and had seen a doctor in Augustine Heights who granted him a medical permit for cannabis.

Millar was prescribed a dose of 28 grams of cannabis every 28 days.

The court also heard he was, along with his doctor looking into a licence to grow the drug.

Millar provided a letter of apology to the magistrate lower blaming his charges on how expensive the prescription drug was to buy since COVID-19.

The 25-year-old Mackay construction worker had also been charged in July 2021 for possession of dangerous drugs.

Millar was convicted and fined $700 for producing dangerous drugs.

Source: The Courier-Mail

I'm still not convinced that being a Medically Approved Cannabis Consumer will save your arse if you're growing and happen to get a knock on the door one day. But considering the outcome, he come away from court alright. Could've done without the conviction though.

But yeah, this does show a glimmer of hope that being TGA approved consumer it might save your arse somewhat, if you look like a personal grower.

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Jaz

Curing
User ID
You'd think they have better things to do than chase up 1.5m cannabis plant growers but the law is the law .. and the theory is, 'let's go see what other dirt we can find when we ransack and destroy his place'.

I guess it's good that the news reports things like this, it highlights how draconian our cannabis laws are.

Just watch the 'letters to the ed' after this, hopefully it stirs up enough ruckus for some politician to jump on board in support.

j

F

freddie

This bits a bit strange?
"The court also heard he was, along with his doctor looking into a licence to grow the drug".

I don't think that it is possible for a patient to get a licence to grow. 🤔

@Indy, I am not convinced either that being medical will mean the court is more lenient. Medical cannabis means you can only possess cannabis prescribed by your doctor. The game changer will be if this ever gets PBS approval, because the cost is too high for most.

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Accept opium can kill you, whereas cannabis is relatively harmless and has never killed anyone.

To the govt. that doesn't matter - Reefer Madness propaganda made people think it was straight from the devil, Blacks and Mexicans will share it with your girl and they'll have unbridled sex

- Ban it immediately!

j

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
if Someone on a low income got caught with a plant or two after previously been prescribed for weed then although guilty of having the plant ,,,or weed they bought,,,I am sure most courts would be lenient ,,

Jaz

Curing
User ID
If Someone on a low income got caught ,,,I am sure most courts would be lenient ,,

If Someone with a good lawyer got caught ,,,I am sure most courts would be lenient ,,
Fixed!

'Laws are spider webs through which the big flies pass and the little ones get caught.'
- Honore de Balzac

j

Top Bottom