New York’s new drug problem: what to do with a billion dollar weed mountain?

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
"At the market value of $300 a pound wholesale..."o_O WTF $300/Lb???
That's a very good situation Merl. Looking forward to when it becomes that affordable in Aus, anytime after decriminalisation. Outdoor stuff used to cost me a few bucks an ounce to produce. Indoor currently costs me about $20 an ounce to harvest. So, selling for $60-$70 an ounce sounds fair to me. Asian PGR growers will have to find other ways to make profits. Medical flower costs will need to come down and meet the market, or those business models will also fail.

Merl1n

Blooming
User ID
That's a very good situation Merl. Looking forward to when it becomes that affordable in Aus, anytime after decriminalisation. Outdoor stuff used to cost me a few bucks an ounce to produce. Indoor currently costs me about $20 an ounce to harvest. So, selling for $60-$70 an ounce sounds fair to me. Asian PGR growers will have to find other ways to make profits. Medical flower costs will need to come down and meet the market, or those business models will also fail.
One can only hope, Fox.
The money being extorted from us for medical is a crime in itself. It's all to protect big business and you can't get much bigger than BIG pharma.

R3za92

Baked
User ID
Retail prices are still high and because of low wholesale prices the black market is still thriving in the USA.

Also how does your $20/oz reflect in a hourly rate for the time and effort you’ve put into the grow

thefullspectrum

Curing
Community Member
User ID
Retail prices are still high and because of low wholesale prices the black market is still thriving in the USA.

Also how does your $20/oz reflect in a hourly rate for the time and effort you’ve put into the grow
Not to mention the years of experience that got him to this point. Might only be $20 in overheads, but 4 long months of time and effort. Sure its more of a love than a chore to most of us. But $200 + an oz is fair I reckon.

Pikey

Baked
User ID
I'm not holding my breath, but there are signs that it could be a real possibility in the next few years as "Middle Australia" is changing their attitude.

I saw a channel 9 "report" the other day that claimed 86% of their viewers support legalisation ...let that sink in. That's the same flock of sheep that would be in outcry about the dangerous and evil "devils lettuce" ruining "the kids" bullshit, just a couple of years ago.

All it will really take is for the media to instruct the general populace of the new narrative about cannabis and they will fall into line like good plebs ...baaaaaaaaah 🐑. I mean that's what this whole prohibition is based around... disinformation, fear and lies. It's not like there is any scientific evidence to say that cannabis is dangerous. Infact, many that prove the opposite :unsure:

Porky

The Dwarf Hermie King
User ID
I'm not holding my breath, but there are signs that it could be a real possibility in the next few years as "Middle Australia" is changing their attitude.

I saw a channel 9 "report" the other day that claimed 86% of their viewers support legalisation ...let that sink in. That's the same flock of sheep that would be in outcry about the dangerous and evil "devils lettuce" ruining "the kids" bullshit, just a couple of years ago.

All it will really take is for the media to instruct the general populace of the new narrative about cannabis and they will fall into line like good plebs ...baaaaaaaaah 🐑. I mean that's what this whole prohibition is based around... disinformation, fear and lies. It's not like there is any scientific evidence to say that cannabis is dangerous. Infact, many that prove the opposite :unsure:
Still haven't heard 1 thing about the articles I posted about corporate profits driving 2/3 of inflation on any mainstream garbage/media!
The media in this country should be ashamed of themselves and their lack of any journalistic integrity!!
Fucking weak cunts!!

Hudo

Baked
User ID
Not if the greens get their way!🕺💃👫👬👭
Another couple elections yet untill they get more power untill then the rest of the knobs will keep blocking it. No matter what the public think it's the votes in the parliament that count and the Greens need to get more seats so they can bargain more

Hudo

Baked
User ID

Yeah the best one is the gateway drug argument. But everytime time I tried different drugs I can tell you I wasn't sitting on the couch smoking cones and thought fuck you know what I might go get some Coke and have a crack. It was always 15 beers in and someone has said look what I have you want a go and it's like fuck yeah. Infact the first time I smoked weed I was on the piss but try get that through the old gin drinkers heads

Top Bottom