New to indoor. When to flip ?

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Ok so I’m an outdoor guy but have this grow box.
Not sure when to flip. I’m not in a rush but also don’t want it to get crowded.

It’s tied down and I just added the netting yesterday.

I might take a clone first. Maybe.

Had PH issues for a while but think that’s sorted now.

Anyway….

Attachments

• B655A500-7E0F-447C-B284-17253A3AABA1.jpeg
    B655A500-7E0F-447C-B284-17253A3AABA1.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 49
  • 64ADB307-6721-4A72-9841-58F7B8CD1E97.jpeg
    64ADB307-6721-4A72-9841-58F7B8CD1E97.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 36
  • E5E8EB27-587B-4004-B2B4-304B875D960B.jpeg
    E5E8EB27-587B-4004-B2B4-304B875D960B.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 43

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Jaz

Curing
User ID
Is there any information from the bean supplier?

e.g. This is the recommendation for Gorilla Glue from Herbies:

Gorilla Glue will grow to become an enormous tree in your garden, so make sure to start training it as early as possible to make the most out of this magnificent plant.

Growing Tip: If you’re growing in a small space, and can’t afford having a tall plant, make sure to limit Gorilla Glue’s vegetation period to 1-2 weeks.

gorilla-glue1__P5GJ4W8ZmPpSGvJR.jpg

Gorilla Glue

j

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
If lack of tent height isn't likely to be an issue for full flowering term, I would wait another week or two, and fill more of the net horizontally.

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Is there any information from the bean supplier?

e.g. This is the recommendation for Gorilla Glue from Herbies:

Gorilla Glue will grow to become an enormous tree in your garden, so make sure to start training it as early as possible to make the most out of this magnificent plant.

Growing Tip: If you’re growing in a small space, and can’t afford having a tall plant, make sure to limit Gorilla Glue’s vegetation period to 1-2 weeks.

gorilla-glue1__P5GJ4W8ZmPpSGvJR.jpg

Gorilla Glue

j
Ahh thanks. It’s sour diesel
I just read it can grow tall. Haha
Oops.

Reactions: Jaz

Madmick

Baked
User ID
Pot size has nothing to do with height of your plants

Tie them down , get a scrogg net or better still learn how to put knuckles in your stems

This will limit height and encourage more growth from branches that may not have received light b4

The bigger the root structure the bigger the plant , this does not mean a taller plant

I've had 4 and 5 foot plants in 50l pots got no more than 2 feet in actual height from top of pot

Ideally all of this should be done prior to flower , but they can still be spread during flower

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Pot size has nothing to do with height of your plants

Tie them down , get a scrogg net or better still learn how to put knuckles in your stems

This will limit height and encourage more growth from branches that may not have received light b4

The bigger the root structure the bigger the plant , this does not mean a taller plant

I've had 4 and 5 foot plants in 50l pots got no more than 2 feet in actual height from top of pot

Ideally all of this should be done prior to flower , but they can still be spread during flower
If stems are too woody to compress between your fingers before bending them, as Mic advised. Wrap a cloth/ rag around the compression area, and use a pair of pliers. to slowly flatten the stem while bending.

Madmick

Baked
User ID
If stems are too woody to compress between your fingers before bending them, as Mic advised. Wrap a cloth/ rag around the compression area, and use a pair of pliers. to slowly flatten the stem while bending.
I wouldn't recommend this technique unless you've had a bit of practice

Ifs it's woody you just have to keep going higher up the stem until you feel it's flexible enough not to snap clean away when you squeeze and bend

Aerobics for your girls

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
I wouldn't recommend this technique unless you've had a bit of practice

Ifs it's woody you just have to keep going higher up the stem until you feel it's flexible enough not to snap clean away when you squeeze and bend

Aerobics for your girls
Yeah, I've previously snapped the odd stem......lol..... That's how we learn. A particularly woody Amnesia Fast, about to be flipped to 12/12, got this same treatment this morning. The right angle dangle 😅

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Yeah I did that to the main stem
And to some other branches. The main stamp where I did it went faciated ( If that’s a word )

Harry bootlace

Baked
Community Member
User ID
Well. All was going well then really quickly it started looking sick. Leaves going yellow. Brown patches etc.

I think it was deficiencies partially at least due to PH issues.
Never have these problems outdoors. Anyways. I spent a week or two gently helping her out and she has finally come good again, or mostly, so today I flipped. I don’t think I can let it get much bigger before stretch so but the bullet.

Attachments

• 1F9CF04A-CC7F-49E8-BC98-B5DC09D5D513.jpeg
    1F9CF04A-CC7F-49E8-BC98-B5DC09D5D513.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 25
Top Bottom