New member first ever grow, needing opinions

NoobyGrower

Seedling
User ID
Hey everyone new to the group and looks like a cool place👍🏼 Have decided to try see if some of these random seeds I’ve collected over the years take although I’ve had some luck I’m definitely starting to hit a wall (almost certainly light related they’re under a indoor kitchen light I need suggestions for grow tent kits) but this is where I’m at day 20 all germinated and planted same batch. is it safe to say I’ve definitely got atleast 2 different strains? what are these photos telling you seasoned green thumbs? Thanks guys this is really just a dummy run to see what it’s about before a commit to it but I’m here so I think I have

Attachments

• 0A01B330-546A-42E1-B6CB-A43EAE047702.jpeg
    0A01B330-546A-42E1-B6CB-A43EAE047702.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 18
  • CA686316-1172-4AE1-806A-A6E4070EAB4B.jpeg
    CA686316-1172-4AE1-806A-A6E4070EAB4B.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 187AA2DC-2C83-46A8-84E7-050FEEA2919D.jpeg
    187AA2DC-2C83-46A8-84E7-050FEEA2919D.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 18

Please join our community to continue reading

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Bit hard to say at this stage ,,could be the same strain ,or otherwise.

Under kitchen light ?
Im surprised they aren’t stretched and leggy trying to chase the light.

As for kits ,,they are usually shit with cheap tent,light,and exhaust fans ..

much better if you tell us what your budget is and what size tent you want ,,and even how much but you would be happy to harvest,,,,then you can be steered in the right direction.

NoobyGrower

Seedling
User ID
Bit hard to say at this stage ,,could be the same strain ,or otherwise.

Under kitchen light ?
Im surprised they aren’t stretched and leggy trying to chase the light.

As for kits ,,they are usually shit with cheap tent,light,and exhaust fans ..

much better if you tell us what your budget is and what size tent you want ,,and even how much but you would be happy to harvest,,,,then you can be steered in the right direction.
Yea sorry definitely could’ve elaborated and by kitchen light I meant indoor garden light like the ones you see on kitchen benches. Honestly would probably be happy with a consistent turnover of anything but i can accomodate a 1.5x1.5m so the most I could get out of that space would be good, the budget is flexible but can see myself spending $1000 pretty quick👍🏼

Sedge

Baked
Staff member
Community Member
User ID
Top of the range 600w LED will set you back$1300.
there are cheaper but you get what you pay for ..

A 600w HPS set up will cost about $450 with veg and flower globes.

Extraction fan about $185 to $255.the dearer one having 4 speed settings ,,,prices of “Canfan”
then a carbon filter to fit it $85 to $130

$30 for a circulating fan ,,desk or pedestal

Base nutrients about $100 and up .then you need pots and watering can ,,if you water by hand ,,,,,A recirculating system can be made fairly cheap but still need to buy a pump ,,aerator and buckets etc ..

my advice for first grow is keep it simple and water by hand.

Tent that size can be about $400 and up .probably more,,,,,.remember the more you pay the better you get,,

Last edited:

Yamumzbum

Curing
User ID
Welcome to TSE @NoobyGrower

Plenty of help found throughout this site and plenty of experienced growers.

It's always a gamble with bag seeds or random old seeds which have been collected over time due to the unknown outcome.

No one enjoys spending time and money just to end up with poor results so many people tend to purchase seeds from a reputable seed bank of which there are plenty but I wouldn't dare mention any as some members get their knickers in a knot over this so you'll have to do your own homework with that but that's what I would recommend.

Old fox

Customs Avoidance
Community Member
User ID
Welcome New member. Those seedlings look overwatered. Let it dry out for 3-4 days before watering again, and point an oscillating fan towards the plants asap. No way of telling what strains you have. For $1000 budget you won't get everything you need to manage a 1.5 X 1.5 grow space. Either look at a much smaller grow space, or need to save more money.

Indy

Misfit
User ID
There's a couple Legends here that don't reckon you need anything to test PPM/EC or pH. But seeing you're starting out, I suggest don't overlook purchasing a decent quality truncheon (you should be able to find them cheaper than that). And something to test your pH levels. Many prefer a pH pen, but I've got by using a test kit for years.

Goodluck with it, NG. (y)

Top Bottom